Monday, July 24, 2006

Time With Dad

I had the most excellent day today! I spent the afternoon giving my dad computer lessons. :o) He's had a computer since March but he doesn't know what to do with it. He can turn it on and play Freecell. He can log onto the internet and do a search. But that was it. He didn't even know how to turn up the volume!

He's such a good learner and so very cute! haha I had a hard time not giggling at how amazed he was at what he is now able to do. He may forget it all by tomorrow, but that's okay. At least he's trying and I told him I'll come up every day till he feels like he's learned enough.

He sent his first e-mail (to me!) and was so tickled about it. My step-mom is out of town so she has no idea that he's even trying. He sent her an e-mail at work so she'll be surprised when she comes back home. He was SO cute! He kept saying, "I want to do this right. Do I need a comma here?" hehehe

An hour and a half of explaining how to open and close windows, left and right clicking, even how to use the scroll wheel thingy on the mouse! Tomorrow we're going to review what he learned today and learn how to save Favorites in IE. haha I can't wait!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw Kerri! That is so precious. My parents are adorable like that too.

**hugs**

Aimee said...

Oh my gosh, that's so cute! I can just picture it...

:)

Connie Marie said...

You got your Mom to Bebo, now I expect to see your Dad there too!

Glad he is learning about computing, it is such a big part of our world now.

Fizzy said...

Good for your Dad. My Dad trie very hard with his PC but is so scared of it. Keep on going Kerri's dad

Lois Lane said...

K, where have you been? I just read about Hooper Bay and am hoping you aren't there. Give me a holler to let me know you're safe.

Home_Fires@comcast.net

Precious time spend with your dad. Gotta love it!
Lois Lane

Tee/Tracy said...

That is so sweet! I love seeing older people learn about computers. It is so cute. LOL.

One day my MIL couldn't find the phone number of her place of work. I was on the Internet so I just looked it up. She was just shocked that I found it. Like I was magic or something. LOL.