Saturday, September 02, 2006

I Survived

My first week of work was not so bad. It went by rather slowly because we were busy with workshops and such, but everything went along as smooth as can be. Even the technical problems I usually have at the beginning of the year were not so terrible. Funny thing is, tech support is now contracted out...to a company in Juneau, hundreds of miles away. They're easier to get in touch with and respond faster than the last 3 tech guys we've had on site!

My second week of work (the student's first week back) was even better. It was so good to see the kids again! I can't even guess at how many hugs I received from them. Only thing is, along with their hugs, they shared their sniffles and sneezes.

BUT even my cold is not so bad. I have a cough and an occasinal stuffy nose, but I don't really "feel" sick. I'm so thankful for that.

There have been a lot of changes at school. My room was carpeted, as was the rest of the building. The building has been repainted inside and out, and a brand new playground has been installed. Even the network was over-hauled.

I have a long weekend this week because of Labor Day. That means that for the first time in a month, Michael actually gets a 2 day weekend. We're going to take advantage of that and spend a night in Town. It's been 2 months since we've been over there and 6 months since we've stayed over night. This time we'll actually be able to watch a movie! I don't even know what's playing, but I don't care. I just want the popcorn. hehe

That's about all I have for now. I'm off to figure out what to cook for dinner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"They're easier to get in touch with and respond faster than the last 3 tech guys we've had on site!"

As soon as I started reading this, I thought about last year and all the problems you had with the tech guys... and the year before tech guy, too! Don't you love it that things are better now?

I hope you're having fun in Town. I'd LOVE to stay the night in the town we go to, but since it's only 15 miles away, kind of silly. But there's a hotel right next to the movie theater that always makes me think of how you get to sleep over when you go to the movies!!!

**hugs**

Glad you're back, Sweetie!!!

Aimee said...

Holy cow, lots of upgrades--excellent!

I wish I had seen this post earlier. I would have recommended "Little Miss Sunshine". I haven't seen it yet, but I've had three different people tell me it's the best movie they've seen all year. One person said the best EVER!

So, what did you end up seeing?

Connie Marie said...

Eat some popcorn for me!!!!