Sunday, May 21, 2006

MY Mother's Day

I already told you about our picnic at the beach. But what I didn't mention, was the fact that I received gifts for Mother's Day.

When we got back, I was surprised to find 2 gift bags on my living room floor. I read the cards and was even more surprised. One was from my in-laws, the other from my nieces. Mother's Day cards...for me? I was taken off-guard but really do appreciate the fact that they thought about me. I know that my mother-in-law was behind both of them and that made it all the more special. I received these 2 cards and 2 new blouses. Oh, and $20.

You'll have to click the cards to read the writing.
This is the inside of the card. My mother-in-law wrote a very nice, and surprising message. I was very touched because she doesn't always verbalize her feelings. She's never quite said "thank you" before...so this was a nice surprise.
My father-in-law, on the other hand...always tells me how much he loves me. He calls me "Babe" like I'm one of his daughters and has made me feel like one of his own from day 1.

This is the card I received from my nieces.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Awweee that's so cute! It makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside! I'm glad you're doing alright I know it's been hard at times. *hugs*

Connie Marie said...

I am glad they all remembered you and gave you those beautiful cards and gifts ---because you should be remembered for being all that you are to them. ((((kerrie))))

Jenny said...

******hugs*******

Awesome! Cute cards!

Aimee said...

Hey There! The pictures below are great (Marie is beautiful--fabulous smile!), and the cards you got are so wonderful. How nice to be appreciated, huh?

I'm glad things seem to be better for you guys now. It's about time.