Thursday, May 25, 2006

Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

I hope the fish are jumpin' because my dad took Michael out fishing today. It's perfect fishing weather; no wind and a light, misty rain. Not so perfect for walking home from work, though. I'm drenched.

I don't mind a bit, though. I just finished up my last work day, the principal gave me rave reviews and my prospects for next year look good (no more science, YAY!). My pocket is holding my paycheck and even with my bum ankle, there was a spring in my step. :o)

I actually love rain at this time of year. The flowers seem more fragrant and the bugs hide away. I was almost disappointed to find myself arriving at home so quickly. Had I not been limping, I would have liked to keep right on walking.

So anyway, about my evaluation. The principal gave me the highest marks possible in EVERY. SINGLE. CATEGORY! Talk about a boost to the ego! He also said that my time in science class is wasted. Not because I didn't do any good, but because I could be doing so much more. So next year, if I have a lot of holes in my schedule again, rather than playing second fiddle to the science teacher (which I was SO not looking forward to - he taught my Lindsey this year and I am not impressed with him, even slightly, in any way shape or form and I think the district was crazy to keep him on staff but I am somewhat relieved to know he won't be in a regular classroom.), I'm going to be a tutor working one-on-one or in small groups. I love that! I'd do that all day if they'd let me. My technology duties will be increasing, also. Not so much that I'm in charge of the district, but he is going to recommend that I be in charge of my building. We're starting new programs and his reasoning is, if I'm the only one who knows how to run them, they can't let me go no matter how many cuts they need to take. Nice to know he wants me to stick around! It could also mean another small paycheck for me this summer when the new tech person arrives from Florida.

Lucione, Lindsey, and Alexys are on the girls softball team. Its the inaugural year and they are having a blast. Tomorrow they travel to a neighboring community for their first game. I won't be going because I have to take my puppies to the vet on Saturday. Can't afford to be over there all weekend until Michael starts working full-time.

I have no idea what I am going to be doing this summer. I'm not planning to travel. I'm hoping to get back to regular posting. I'm looking forward to relaxing, maybe do some reading. For now, though, I've got to find some lunch. Have a great day! :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're invited. Please read my latest post and all the comments. :)

Fizzy said...

I am really really happy for you that you have now broken up for the summer. I wont mention the 8 weeks (yep I typed eightweeks)that I still have to go..... *muttering under breath*

I am so please that you got such a good report from the Head. Good for you. Take some time for yourself now and relax. YOu deserve it. It has not been an easy year for you I know.

Enjoy:)

Jenny said...

**hugs**

highest marks !!!! YESSSSSS!! I am so glad that someone finally is giving you the credit you deserve.

I pray your ankle gets to feeling better, and I hope you will post more puppy pics soon. Such fuzzy little ones!!!!

Constance said...

Congrats! I'm sure after the incident you went through earlier, you feel vindicated! Enjoy your summer, we're heading out on vacation June 1st! I can't hardly wait!!
Connie