Monday, September 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, Lindsey!

Today is Lindsey’s birthday. She’s a whopping 14 years old. I was looking through some old pictures last night. She was such a cute little girl! Too bad she was so nuts and attached to her mother. We didn’t have her as much as we did Lucione. You’d never know it by how close we are now, though.

She tells me I’m her favorite aunt and her 2nd Mom. She’ll sometimes ask me for permission to do something while I’m sitting right next to her mother! She’s got a 4.0 in school and when asked why, she’ll tell you it’s “because Aunty Carrie makes me do my homework”.

She has grown into a beautiful young lady. She’s recently had braces put on her teeth and is taking it all in stride. She doesn’t complain about the pain, even when the wires pop out, which has to be really frustrating.

She is very athletic. She proudly announced the other day that she can run a mile in 11 minutes. She loves to climb the rock wall at the gym. She is an excellent basketball player and enjoys volleyball, as well.

Lindsey has started to crush on boys. I can’t believe that my little tomboy now applies make-up, straightens her hair, and wears fashionable clothes.

I’m at work, so can’t post pictures. I’ll try to remember to put some up later tonight if I can find the time before her party.

3 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Happy birthday to Lindsey.
Hoping you all have a very good evening with her.

Kate said...

Beautiful! Your words make aging sound so beautiful somehow. :) It sound like you're doing well. That is good to see. :)

Connie Marie said...

*peeks in*

Dusty ol' birthday stuff still in here!!!!!! Carrie must be so busy at school!