Monday, January 21, 2008

Trying to Get Back Into This

I'm having a hard time getting back into writing in this blog. I enjoy writing and reading what others have written, but just haven't been making the time.

A lot has happened in the past few months. Two of my colleagues have been diagnosed with cancer. One of them, for the 3rd time. The other for a 2nd time and this was a total surprise. I feel terrible because I didn't know he was leaving to go to the doctor. It helps to know that the last time we spoke, we were teasing each other. He loved to tease me and it always tickled him when I would tease back. He has brain cancer and the prognosis is not good. He most likely will not return to the island. He had kidney cancer a couple years ago. They just took his kidney and he received no form of treatment.

Our guidance counselor has cancer for the third time. It's breast cancer again, but it has spread to her lung. She's undergoing chemotherapy. She was in remission for 2 years. Before that, she had been in remission for almost 10 years.

My uncle who tried to take my house away is speaking to me again. He came to see me at work after speaking with my mom. He didn't apologize, but that doesn't bother me. I'm just glad he's talking to me again. I didn't like being ignored.

Our high school basketball season is in full swing. My nieces are doing well. In fact, I'm related to all but one of team members! I'm sure if I dug deep enough, I'd end up being related to her, too. haha

The slow count-down to the regional tournament has begun. Michael and I leave on March 3rd and will be in Juneau until the 9th. We're leaving a little earlier than we normally would because Michael's sister lives there and we want an extra day or two to visit before the hectic tournament schedule begins.

I'll try to get better at posting. This is all I have for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerri!
***hugs***

I'm only a day late and a dollar short!

Welcome back to blogging. And I am so very sorry to hear about your friends and their diagnoses.

Praying for you and for them!

Love you, girl!

Connie Marie said...

Sorry to hear of all the cancer. It is a hard disease!
March will be here before we know it and your trip will be over even faster than that! Can't believe we already been to and back ...Hawaii! Time is just truckin'!

Connie Marie said...

Happy Valentine's Day (((((Carrie))))))

Connie Marie said...

Carrie - there is something in My Closet for you! (Visit my blog to see.)

Not sure if you are checking this out lately, but if you are I hope you are enjoying warmer spring weather by now....which probably means, more rain for you. ha