Monday, April 21, 2008

BUSY

I've been so busy I can't keep track of what day it is!

Work has been hectic. I'm so ready for the break. One month left...I can handle one more month. My boss and I have been butting heads. I've even gotten stubborn a few times and given him the cold shoulder. I don't know why it bothers him, but it does. So when I see him treating others badly, which has been more than usual lately, I make sure he knows I'm ignoring him. Sometimes it takes a day or two, but he always comes around and straightens up. I started to worry I was putting my job in jeopardy, but I passed my evaluation with flying colors. Go figure.

My nieces have been keeping me busy, also. Lindsey was busy with a basketball tournament. Her team got 2nd place, but she was the 3-point AND the free-throw champ! Space Cadet didn't make it to a single tournament game. The first two, for no good reason...then she left town to watch Lucione in the music festival. I made sure I was at every game even though I haven't been feeling all that well. She played very well and was a good sport through the whole thing.

Lucione had her 16th birthday on the 14th. I can't believe how old that makes me feel. haha

She is now officially old enough to date. That's scarier to me than being old enough to get her license.

Work is going to be very busy from now until the end. We've got Prom this weekend, then the elementary concert, the high school concert, a scene showcase, high school graduation, middle school promotion (Lindsey will be promoted to HIGH SCHOOL!), Sea Week field trips, Field Day...and probably more I'm not remembering.

The weather finally turned toward spring. We haven't had snow since Friday! The sun is shining and the temp is eeking up towards 50 degrees ever so slowly.

Hopefully, I'll be back to write again soon. Until then, I hope anyone who reads this is happy and well!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds very busy, but mostly exciting!

I'm loving the good weather up here too. It's just too bad that it decided to rain/snow today in Anchorage.

I hope even though everything is busy, that it all goes well! :-)

Anonymous said...

You know what's really funny? What has happened with your boss, happens with me and my boss. I didn't realize until recently that I could cold-shoulder her when she was being nasty and have any effect on her, but it does! She stops acting terrible, and even lent me jewelry to wear to a wedding! How weird was that???

*hugs*

Miss you, dear!

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to see that you're still alive and kicking!

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Still miss you.