Friday, November 07, 2008

Hello? Anybody There?

Okay, let’s see if I remember how to do this. I haven’t forgotten about my blog. I just haven’t really felt like I had anything interesting enough to say. One of the downfalls of living on a small island is that life moves very slow. There is not a lot of change, and when change does come, it comes slowly.
How many times do you want to hear “The new road is almost finished”? Even I’m bored with that…and I’m here watching it happen.
I guess that’s good, in a way. Life moving slow, I mean. It allows one time to really soak it all in. Stop and smell the roses? I could tell you how many new blooms the neighbors bush got this year because there’s nothing else to do but stop and smell the roses.
My nieces and nephews are about the only indication that time is moving on. (Besides the “natural highlights” in my hair.) They’re growing up so fast. Alexys will be graduating high school this year. Lucione is a junior and Lindsey a freshman. Even Craig and Mikayla are growing up. They are in 5th and 3rd grades this year. They now have a new baby sister, Emily. I don’t see her often enough, but believe me, she’s cute.
My husband and I are doing very well. He’s working full time now…at HOME. If you know anything about me, you know that I’m loving having him home. That whole commuting to California thing was awful. My job is actually not so bad this year. We zipped right through our 1st quarter. I’m not wishing for summer yet, so things are good.
I haven’t done this in so long, I don’t even remember what I’ve shared and what I haven’t. I guess I should go back and read some of my posts.
Connie, if you read this, I owe you an apology. I promised to call you if I ever found myself in your neck of the woods. In September I was in Anchorage for an entire week. I didn’t call because I was there for medical reasons and didn’t want anybody to see me in my condition. Especially someone who’d see me for the very first time. Very selfish on my part and I apologize. I wish I would have swallowed my pride and made arrangements to meet you and possibly pay a visit to Millie. You are not the only one I snubbed, though, if that helps any. I have family up there who I neglected to call.
We’re definitely into our winter weather here. No snow on the ground yet, but our mountains are white.  The rain is cold and our frequent winds have been gusting pretty good.
I guess this is it for now. I’m just curious if anyone stops by anymore. Jayleigh, I know you said you have been. I apologize for not keeping up with this. Thanks for not giving up on me!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm very glad to hear you are well my friend.

Don't worry about the long time in between posts. We all get like that. It's the nature of blogging I suppose. I have you on my feeds though so whenever you write, I know. ;-)

Again, I'm glad you and your family are well.

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't give up on you! You're such a special friend!

***hugs***

I am glad you're back!

Connie Marie said...

Wow! That would have been great if we met, oh well! That happens. It's easier many times to just do what you have to do and get it over with. Maybe next time you will be well enough to feel like meeting someone from the internet!