Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wasting Time at Work

Volleyball season is over. Our team placed dead last in the tournament, but was selected to receive the sportsmanship award which is voted on by the coaches. Also, Alexys received All-Conference as did another niece of mine, Lakin.

Lindsey was on a trip for wrestling. She still hasn’t won a match in this sport dominated by boys, but for the first time ever she lasted all three rounds without getting pinned and only lost by 2 points! I wasn’t too sure what to think of her choice of activity, but she seems to be enjoying it and already has plans to join again next year.

We are definitely into our fall weather. The wind is howling and the rain is coming down hard. I don’t mind hearing the rain on my window except when it comes during the night when I should be asleep! Our mountain tops are starting to turn white. I so cannot wait for snow! Snow means colder temps and I love the cold!

Our guidance counselor is fighting harder than ever against her cancer. She’s been on chemo for 10 months so far. She was hoping to be done, but when she went north for her latest appointment, she received some sad news. Her CAT scan showed cancer in her liver and fluid around her right lung. When they tested the fluid, it too had cancer cells. We lost our interpreter in May to brain cancer. Losing our counselor would be devastating. She’s such a loving lady. Even the toughest kids love the time they spend with her and are better for it. She touches our lives daily and always has a smile even when we know she’s so tired.
I’m at work and have things to do. I guess I better get to them

1 comment:

Fizzy said...

we have just had our first snow. we do not get it as fierce as we used to do. It is there and gone within 24 hours which is a shame. I can not like cold temps - I love sunny and cold mornings, but rain..... hate it.