Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Feeling OLD

I'm feeling age creep up on me lately. The white hair doesn't bother me. My hair started changing in high school. But my body is feeling my age. I'm not old...but I'm far from being a spring chicken!

What I didn't tell you about my Sunday with my girls is the fact that I fell down while walking through to woods to see the swans. I twisted both ankles, scratched up my left forearm and bruised my left knee and shin pretty good. My left wrist is swollen and my right shoulder has been aching. At times it's hard to move my arm and Michael has talked me out of going to work 2 days in a row.

I hate missing work, but he's right when he says, "I think you should stay home if you can't move your arm. I think you need your arm at work." Had it been my left arm, I think I could have managed, but it's my right side and I'm right-handed for everything but eating.

Space Cadet thinks I should go to the clinic but I refuse. It's actually better today than it was yesterday. I just had an awful nights sleep because I kept rolling over onto my stomach and that hurt my bruises so I'd wake up. Sleeping on my back hurts my shoulder but I forgot to take Tylenol before bed last night. So tomorrow I'll go to work because I'm tired of staying home. I'll listen to her nag me about going to the clinic but I will not give in. What's the worst it could be? A broken collar bone, maybe? They'd just put me in a sling and give me Motrin.

No thanks, I'm just fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally I'd go to the clinic, but that's just me. I like to know that there's no fractures, etc.

You have to be more careful with yourself, dear Kerri!

**hugs**

Fizzy said...

I think that if you are still in pain after this time, then maybe a clinic visit would be a good idea

Sandy said...

ouch. Hope you feel better soon, and there's no broken bones!