Sunday, July 22, 2007

Eight Random Things About Me

1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


So I've been tagged...by Connie...to do this meme. Eight random things shouldn't be hard, right? Except that it is. Ha! I'm not sure I can think of 8 things I haven't listed already. Hmmmm....

1. I love to sing in choirs. I was a part of at least one choir each year from 7th grade all the way through my time at college. Two of the college choirs were by audition only and the concert choir (open to all) was bigger than my whole highschool. We were on Good Morning America once when the World Mountain Bike Championships (or something like that) took place in the same town and we performed a patriotic medley. I haven't been in a choir in a few years...but I'm always singing in the car!

2. I have only held 2 jobs my entire life. My first job, in a t-shirt transfer shop, lasted an entire month. I quit when the shop owner started going through the garbage after my shift to see what I had been up to. If she didn't trust me, she shouldn't have left me alone after a single 15 minute training session! I haven't shopped in her store since. I'm kinda stubborn that way. I'm still working my 2nd job. I've been a school district employee since February of 1993.

3. I love to color. I don't care what it is. A children's coloring book, a geometric design, a coloring page from the internet, whatever. With crayons more than markers. The only things I will not color are my own drawings. I have the most fun when coloring with kids. For some reason, they think it's so funny for an adult to sit down and color with them! Some of my fondest childhood memories are of me sitting on the couch with Jerry, a family friend, and coloring. I always wanted my pages to look as nice as his.

4. I am incredibly shy. It's hard for me to form new friendships because its hard for me to approach people I don't know. Once you've gained my trust, though, good luck getting rid of me!

5. I love musicals. Any musical. My mom used to perform in the theater. I'd go to all of her rehearsals and have the entire show memorized before opening night. But I'd still go see it every chance I got. You can't beat live theater, but I'll watch any musical in any format. I drove my dad bonkers watching Annie over and over again on HBO when I was small. It wasn't so much that I watched it...I sang along. heehee

6. I've never broken a bone, but have had over a dozen surgical operations. Most of them before the age of 5.

7. I used to be scared of clowns. When I was really small, my uncle dressed as a hobo for our 4th of July parade. He thought it would be fun to pick me up and carry me but I didn't recognize him with his make-up and got hysterical. I was scared of clowns for years as a result. So much so, that when my mom took me and my sister to Barnum and Bailey's "Greatest Show on Earth" in Seattle, I missed most of the circus acts. The dressing room was below our seats and everytime I saw a clown heading to the dressing room, I put myself to sleep.

8. I have ridden an elephant.


So now comes the part where I'm supposed to tag 8 more people. I don't think I know 8 more bloggers who haven't already posted this or something similar. I'll just skip that part. Unless you read this and decide you want to participate!

2 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Thank you for playing (((((Kerri))))))
I just got home from camping up at King River. We had a very beautiful day for our ride and then this morning woke up to rain. I will see if I captured any pictures worth sharing at the blog.
I was thinking about Mil all weekend and wondering where she might be moved to by the time I got home but I see she isn't being moved yet. I have not seen her for several weeks now. :-(
Anyway, you love to color like my son Klint's wife, Calli. She loves coloring too. I like to do maybe one picture with the grandkids (my one to their three) and I enjoy that but I don't sit down and color just to color.
Someday I hope to meet you in person, we can be shy together! ha, I don't think one can be very shy and successfully work a job in education though!
Was fun to read more about you! HUGs

Anonymous said...

**hugs**

Poor Kerri! Clowns are freakish, but not scary to me. :-)