Thursday, November 08, 2007

Motion Sickness

So the roller coaster has slowed down a bit, but has not stopped.

Yesterday my father in law was medi-vacced because he was experiencing pain in his left arm and they were concerned about his heart. He has had heart surgery in the past. A triple bypass, I believe, so we were all scared. It turned out that his medication dosage was wrong. He's taking blood thinner  and they gave him twice the dosage he should have had. He did not have any heart damage as a result, thank goodness! My aunt in the hospital with cancer is my father-in-law's sister (but that's not how she became my aunt...more about her in another post) so needless to say, we were quite relieved to know Dad is okay.

Our town elections were on the 6th. With a bigger turn-out than we've had in years, our entire administration has been replaced. Mayor, Secretary, Treasure...all with young, un-experienced people. I'm a bit nervous about how things will go the next 2 years, but I guess everyone deserves a chance.

I was so ready for some good news and I bet you're already tired of hearing about my worries and woes, so I'll share. :o)

My laptop came in! That's right...I'm at work, typing this on my brand new GREEN laptop! I love it...absolutely love it! I'm online via a wireless connection that was a snap to set up. Makes me want wireless at my house, but I'll take my ancient dial-up for now. I got this mainly for travel, anyway. I'm planning so far ahead. haha. I'm going to Juneau in March for a week...and wanted a laptop to take with me. It took a lot of encouragement from Michael, though, let me tell ya. I love to spend money on other people. Spending it on myself is a chore. Even if it's "free" money.

My lunch break is just about over. I better stop here. Hope you are all happy and well. The week is almost over!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Hi Sweetie. I'm glad to see you seem to be doing fine. I'm just checking in to send you some virtual hugs. :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love a new computer!!!!