Saturday, December 30, 2006

Tournament

Lucione and Alexys participated, along with their high school basketball team, in a tournament in Town this week. After losing their first game against a much bigger school from out of state, they came back to win their second and third games. Their third game was against a team that had defeated them twice earlier in the month so it should be a huge boost to their confidence. Our team averages about 7 players a game due to low grades and/or injuries of the other players. They ended the tournament in 4th place! I wasn't there to see it, but listened on the radio and had I not been in a moving vehicle, would have jumped out of my seat many, many times. The game was THAT exciting. Our team was behind by 9 at half time. That increased to 13 before they managed to pull up within striking distance. They pulled within 2, fell back a bit, tied it up, fell behind by 1, tied it up, pulled ahead, were tied up again...I'm telling you...it went right down to the buzzer. With 1.4 seconds on the clock we were fouled...made one shot to break the tie and pull ahead to win. I'm so proud of them. Our girls team has never placed any better than 6th in that tournament.

***************************

Please, continue to pray for my friend. I'm encouraged that her intial surgery and the following angiogram went well, but she is still sleeping and has a ways to go. Her head is still open to allow for swelling of her brain. Please pray that she continue to heal. Pray that God guide the doctors to find and fix any other problems she may have in her brain so that she can continue to heal. Pray that God grants her family comfort and strength. Thank you.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You and your friend have my prayers!!

Happy New Year, Friend!

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I think its good to have family around too. I'm sure it's sad and hard for mom and everyone to see her this way but I'm sure they are glad to be able to be with her.