Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back at Work

The first day back was the toughest. The principal kept making attempts to talk to me about “the incident”, as it’s come to be labeled, but I would find reasons to leave the room. I must have heard, “Are you okay?” and “How’s your day going?” at least 10 times yesterday. As far as I’m concerned, it’s too little too late. He should have been concerned the day it happened.

Anyway, as long as I’m not dealing with the principal, things are going well. It was so good to see the kids again. My first class of the day was Kindergarten. I got a lot of hugs. :o) One little girl couldn’t wait to tell me about her new pinyanyo (piano) keycord (keyboard).

I wore a necklace yesterday that I received as a gift from a friend of mine who lives in New Zealand. There is a hole in the middle of it and a 2nd grader said, “I really like your necklace!” I thanked her and she said, “It looks like a tone?”

“A tone?” I asked.

“Yeah, a tone…you know…LAAA!” And she’s right, it does sort of resemble a musical note. :o)

We got a tiny bit of snow overnight. I would normally be ecstatic but now it’s cold so the snow is frozen. That means our roads are super slick. I’m loving the cooler temps, though. I hope it stays this way for a few days.

My friend is showing signs of improvement but is still in need of prayer. She is still asleep, but is able to breathe on her own for longer and longer periods of time. They hope to have her completely off the ventilator by the end of the week. Being intubated has caused fluid to collect in her lung and she now has pneumonia. The good news is, she has been moving her legs and hands in response to stimuli. They’re decreasing the medication that has been keeping her sedated so hopefully she’ll begin to wake soon. The edema in her brain has decreased and she is able to regulate her own body temperature. She’s making tiny improvements every day but has a long road ahead of her, I think. Please continue to pray for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news about the improvements of your friend. Still praying for her!!!

I love the "little kid" stories you tell. I am wondering what's up lately with Craig and I think her name was Mikayla. You used to share awesome stories and pictures of them. :-)

**hugs**

I know you don't really like confrontation, Kerri, but would you end up feeling better if you do talk to the principal? I know you don't really want to... but in the end would you feel better? Personally, I can't let a situation go like that because it just ruins my free time... it's all I'd think about.

You're the best, and it's obvious you care about your job and the kids, because you wouldn't make a scene even when the other teacher was trying to get underneath your skin. It takes a big person to be that strong and hold your tongue and walk away, even when you were SO irritated and hurt at the other teacher's words and actions.

**big hugs**

I hope you're able to find some peace about the situation.

Anonymous said...

1-15-07

So... how's it going?