Monday, May 17, 2004

Bored at Work

I have absolutely nothing to keep me busy at work today. All of the classes are going to Music because they have a concert tomorrow night. Today and tomorrow are their last chances to rehearse so I'll have another boring day tomorrow.
I really enjoy my job. I've had it for about 11 years now. I enjoy kids. That is essential in a job like mine. I go home smiling each day because of things they've done or said.
There's one little boy who comes to mind right now. He's in kindergarten. He has a great sense of humor. He was here for computer class a few days before Easter and he said, "Teacher, you know what? I don't like eggs." I asked, "Why don't you like eggs?" His reply was, "Because I'm afraid that if I crack one open a chicken will pop out." Then he said, "Nah, I'm just kidding. I just don't like eggs." This same child, after becoming frustrated with his computer, was heard saying, "Oh, for crying out loud! Wasn't I double-clicking fast enough for ya?!" He never talks like this towards other students or teachers, just to his computer. He is always full of stories. If I can remember some, I'll post them.

No comments: