Friday, May 14, 2004

Why Evergreen?

In case somebody is actually reading this and wonders why I chose the name Evergreen for my blog, I'll explain.
I have three reasons for choosing this name. First, I live on a small island in Southeast Alaska. I've always lived here and most likely always will. Partly because of the scenery - Alaska is a huge, beautiful state. Call me biased, but I believe Southeast is the most beautiful of all the regions. Every day of the year, you can look up at the majestic mountains surrounding us and see green. We have a lot of evergreen trees here.
Second, I love the song "Evergreen". So much so, that I had my cousin sing it during my wedding ceremony. I think it's a pretty song with a great message about love and how it can be constant, everlasting, unchanging.
Third, and the most obvious to anyone who knows me, I love the color green. We have a green truck, our bed spread is green, the majority of my wardrobe is green, we had a green wedding...you get the picture. I love green. :o)
So now, whether you wanted to or not, you know why I chose my blog name.

No comments: