Thursday, May 27, 2004

Nap Time

The kindergarten class just left. One of the little guys is usually quite animated in here. He's always talking to or singing along with his computer...and sometimes even rolling in his chair. Today he started off in his usual way but half way through class, I realized that things were quieter than usual. I looked over at him and he was asleep in his chair! There were about 10 minutes left so I just let him sleep. When his teacher showed up to take her class back to their classroom, she woke him. She said, "It's pretty warm in here today, isn't it? Kinda good for sleeping." He looked up at her and said, "I was hoping everyone would fall for that." I swear kids say the darndest things sometimes. :o)
Tomorrow is the last day of school until sometime in late August. The kids are excited and I have to say, I am, too. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. But it's nice to have summers off.
Especially after last week. With so much going on, I didn't know if I was coming or going half the time. We had school functions all week and a big potluck dinner on Sunday. My cousin, who has fought in Iraq twice (once back in 1989 and again just this past Fall), was home to attend the high school graduation and the potluck was a way to show him he was appreciated for all he's done as a part of our military.
It's really warm in here today. I'm going to stop typing before I end up like the little kindergarten boy and take a nap in my chair.

No comments: