Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Slowly Settling In

We’ve slept at the “new” house for the past 2 nights. Connie, it doesn’t really have a nicer view, but it’s a lot quieter. The road is only used by those of us who live on it so I don’t have to listen to traffic all day and night. Not that our town has all that much traffic, but what little traffic we have is mostly made up of old, run-down, very loud cars. Hehe

I am already more relaxed and we haven’t even really unpacked yet. Just knowing that I don’t have to deal with the whole ownership issue of the other house anymore has lessened my stress level immensely.

The only trouble is, the phone company is pre-occupied with their frozen water pipes and haven’t had a chance to switch my phone line from one house to the other, yet. So I either have to sit in a freezing cold house (we took the oil we paid for and brought it to where we are now) to use my computer, or make use of the internet at work.

That means that I won’t be able to read blogs or anything like that for the next few days. I think we’ll be totally moved out of the other house today so I’m cut off till the phone company can help me out.

My cousin is anxious to start staying there. He’s attempting to stop my uncle from taking the house. He’s talked to a lawyer and our chief magistrate. They both say that my uncle has no legal leg to stand on. We shall see, but no matter how it ends up, I’m just glad I’m not in the middle of it anymore.

Break time is almost over. I better get ready for my class.

6 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Well, since you won't be reading blogs, I won't comment :0D
Glad you are moved and relaxing more!

Jenny said...

I'm glad you have a little time to update us on the sitch! And no matter how badly you want to read blogs, it's not worth it to sit in a freezing house!

;-)

Fizzy said...

I am sooooooo so sorry that I have not been around lately. I see that you moved and am really glad that you feel the stress has been lifted from you I know how upset you were. Please look after yourself and I hope that you settle into this new house quickly and then pleeeeeease take some time to relax

xx Fizz xx

k8 said...

went thru that same thing when we moved. blechers.

Aimee said...

Just checking in, Darlin'. Everything ok?

Jenny said...

I'm checking in, too. Tell us all about your wonderful week away!!!