Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Spring Break

I have this whole week off and have been keeping busy. Getting the house in order, watching basketball games, and just trying to think of anything but work.

Tonight I even turned on my web cam for a while to let Akeskileut see me. She always asks and I hardly ever do it so figured tonight was as good a time as any.

I ended up fooling with settings and she offered to help by telling me when it looked right, but I think that was just her sneaky way of getting me to leave it on longer!

All the snow has melted. Well, most of it, anyway. The roads are clear, but some of the snow in grassy areas is still there. The mountains are still white, too.

It's warmed up quite a bit, though. It's been in the 40's for the past few days. The sun has been shining and there are tons of stars out at night.

My girls are in the midst of their End of the Season Tournament. They lost their first game by 2 in overtime. They played hard and gave it their all, but things just didn't go their way. It's a double-elimination tournament, though, so they still have a chance.

Michael has a job coming up in a couple of weeks. The good news is it's here on our island. The bad news is, it sounds like it's only going to last about a month. Still, it keeps him home for that much longer and the pay will be better than what he's getting from unemployment.

I don't think there's anything else to update on. Life moves pretty slow here on the rock.

7 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh, yeah! I forgot to tell you something!

I'm getting 2 new puppies soon, rather than just one. My cousin told us about a family who had puppies to give away. They're going to be small housedogs. Just the kind we're looking for.

Michael went and picked one out. A male. And we're getting a female. That's asking for trouble as far as I'm concerned, but Michael seems to think we can handle it.

We shall see.

Fizzy said...

I am useless at sorting webcams, I have to rely on Hubby to bale me out.
The puppies sound very exciting.
Yes a bit risky I agree but I am sure if that is problem then a visit to a vets may be in order. lol....I can just imagine a post in a couple of months time lol

Lois Lane said...

That is so great that hubby has a nearby job. I hope it lasts longer than they expect.
Enjoy your spring break!
Have a groovy weekend!
Lois Lane

Kim said...

I never realized you were from Alaska. I can't wait for spring break here, it's not for about 3 more weeks.

Tee/Tracy said...

Hey Kerri! I haven't been visiting people enough. I've missed ya. Glad to see things are going good for you - and yay for Michael having a job on the island! Hopefully he'll find something permanent soon!

{HUGS}

Fizzy said...

Hiya just popping in to see how you are going. Hope all is well
xx Fizz xx

Jenny said...

How on EARTH did I miss this post? Oh I didn't miss it, just forgot to comment or something.

**hugs**