Monday, April 03, 2006

Finally!

After a week off for Spring Break, I got sick. So I ended up with a two week break, instead. By Wednesday, I thought I was okay but then got worse Wednesday night. I ended up dehydrated and everything, so it wasn’t fun.

But I’m back at work now and other than a million questions from everyone, it’s like I never left.

I can’t even remember what I posted about last (I’m at work and using Word to type so can’t read my blog.).

Spring Break was nice. The girls played in a tournament. The “End-of-the-Season Tournament”, thank goodness. I love watching them play, but their season always drags on forever. I know they’re trying to keep the kids busy, but I think our town needs to figure out some other sports for the kids to play.

Anyway, the girls are on the same team. They lost their first game but continued on because it was double-elimination. They won their second game. They lost their 3rd game and according to the bracket, should have received 3rd place because the winner of their game went on to championship. But somehow they had to play a team they already eliminated and lost so they got 4th. That made no sense, and they should have won, but their team got the Sportsmanship award. I won’t even go into the bad refs and how lopsided the calls were (the girls’ team had 17 fouls and the other team had 5…and it was the girls’ team getting knocked all over the place).

The week after Spring Break is a week I would like to forget. I had major stomach problems. I won’t go into details because, trust me, you don’t wanna know. Hehe

My nephew Theodore was over from Town for his Spring Break and came to visit me a few times. One night he brought my nephew James with him and they played I Spy on my computer for a while. When James started bossing him he said, “Be nice or I’ll go get Aunty. She’s the Tickle Master!” He’s always asking how I know “everybody’s” ticklish spots.

Lucione spent the night with us on Saturday. It was her first time since we moved into this house. Sunday afternoon we went to a family potluck because Michael’s aunt and uncle are visiting from Fairbanks on their way to Reno. I didn’t think his aunt would remember me but she called me over for a hug and reprimanded me for not visiting her the last time she went through town. Haha

Michael has been taking advantage of the low tides and gathering seafood. So far we’ve had clams on the half-shell, fried rice with cockles, and fried octopus (we call it devil fish). Tonight we’ll have clam chowder. We were also given herring eggs. We ate those a couple nights ago and last night we bought some ooligans. I’m afraid that with all this seafood, the hamburger we have in the refrigerator is going to spoil!

My first class is here so I guess I better stop now. I hope (if I even have any readers left after my long absence) you all have a good day! :o)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

That sounds FANTASTIC!!!!!

Connie Marie said...

Doug came home with butter clams from Kodiak. I made clams on a half shell when he got here then froze the rest.

Last night Doug came home right in the middle of his two week hitch up North (training) and I made him clam chowder. Had Klint & Calli over too.

How do you make your clam chowder? I boil potatoes and lots of onions, carrots too. Salt & pepper then just before I serve it I make a thickening of flour and canned milk. Then add the clams right before I serve the chowder. Yesterday I dumped in some corn too.

I am not big into clams but my hubby loves them and they said the chowder was yummi.

I am glad you are feeling better and I've been checking your blog!

David Edward said...

hello again

Constance said...

I'm here even thought I don't think I've ever posted on your blog before! I've read your blog from Connie Marie's links.

Clam chowder is one of my favorites! I had to laugh when Connie Marie asked how you made your chowder. I have a recipe that combines Cream of Celery,Cream of Potato, Clam Chowder, half and half and then I dump in canned shrimp and cooked salmon! Pretty easy stuff-I love Campbells! Ha Ha!
Connie