Friday, June 16, 2006

Feeling Lost



This is a view of my hometown. We were on the ferry on our way to Town last month when I took this photo.

I never intended to spend my entire life living here. I used to long for the day I'd get off what we affectionately call the Rock.

I had a change of heart once I married. I thought things would be better and for a long time they were.

Do you ever get the feeling you need to move on? Like you've been stagnant too long? Like you're running in place on a treadmill and can't find the off switch?

That's me lately. Things are happening here. Things that are deeply upsetting to me. Things that are tearing my family apart.

I want so much to fix what's wrong but it's not my place. I want so much to pick up and go, but that's not my decision to make, either. I'm tied up in knots not sure what our next step should be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerri... sorry I have not visited your blog in so long!!! ((hugs))

I hate that you're feeling this way, and boy do I ever know what you mean about needing to move on.

You're on my mind a lot, even if I don't manage to keep in contact like I should. I'm praying for you, sweet friend. You'll know what is the right thing to do, whether to go or to stay when the time is right.

((more hugs))

Connie Marie said...

Life is a journey, not a home.

I think we all feel like you feel right now. I am sorry that you are having family troubles, but I think you would find that we all have the same sort of troubles, just these things come and go in each of our lives. We can only comfort one another. Some days it's you, some days it's me, some days it's someone else.

Hang in there and whatever you decide to do, do it because you want to, and don't do anything in retaliation, it will just backfire in your own life.

That is a beautiful "rock" you live on.