Saturday, June 24, 2006

God on the Mountain



I've been having a really hard time lately, trying to be positive. Trying to remember that I have a good life; a blessed life; a life with a purpose and direction.

Things in my family are all screwed up at the moment. I have no idea how things are going to turn out, but I know in my heart, that I have done all I possibly could.

The thing is, I've been letting all of these problems totally consume me. I haven't been able to blog because I don't want this blog to turn in to a "woe is me" type of thing that drives people away. I haven't been spending a lot of time outside of my house because I've been afraid to face people - the family that is feuding, the curious ones who always ask what's going on, just anybody. I haven't been able to sleep because I've been holding on to this stress and worry like my life depended on it.

But ya know what? It doesn't. My life is not defined by this situation. I've let it be, but it's time to let go. In all of this, I've forgotten what's most important: my relationship with my God, my faith in Him, and the fact that He's still here. The rest of the world can turn their back on me and it won't matter. I still have God.

I'm always so quick to thank God and give Him the praise for the good things that happen. It's true that all good comes from Him, but he doesn't desert me when things go bad.

I love listening to gospel music. One of my favorite songs is God on the Mountain. It's all about how God is always there for you.

The God on the moutain is still God in the valley.

When things go wrong, He'll make them right.

The God of the good times is still God in the bad times.

The God of the day is still God in the night.


I woke up singing that song today and I've been singing it all day long.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The rest of the world can turn their back on me and it won't matter. I still have God."

Oh Kerri, this is so true. The words of the song are true, too. And though I have never heard the song, its words have ministered to me greatly.

**hugs** I pray things become easier for you my friend.

Kate said...

My Pslam that's helped me though a lot. :-)

Pslam 121: 1&2
"I look to the hills for my help. Where does my help come from. It comes from God, the maker of Heaven and Earth."

*HUGS* Things will get better, you'll see. Till then I know you're strong and you'll find the good things in life.

And smile at people you don't know. It's a little wierd, but sometimes it makes you feel good and maybe even makes that person smile (wether or not they think you're crazy). ;-)

Connie Marie said...

Great song kerrie! My brother Don sings it and he is the one that went through the explosion and was hurt so bad. He knows the pain of feeling alone and only having the presence of God to comfort him since he was burned so bad and could not move or do anything for himself for a long time. Now he is doing so well and such a great reminder that "this too shall pass."

I am glad you have turned to the Lord for strength. He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. Learn about Him and you will become strong.

((((((kerrie))))))

Aimee said...

Beautiful.

xoxoxo