Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I Can't Think of a Title

We haven't really been doing a whole lot lately. Well, I haven't, anyway. Michael's been working for about a week now. He "should" be working until at least November and then we'll see what happens. I want him to stay home this Winter but he's already hinted at returning to the other company. *sigh*
***********************
That's partly why I keep thinking we need to move. It would be so nice to be some place where he can find work AND live with me. That's not too much to ask for, is it? I suppose I should be grateful for the time we have together...because there are families who go through more difficult separations due to military obligations and such.

I've mentioned moving to Michael a few times and he keeps pretending I'm kidding. He'll laugh it off and change the subject no matter how many times I bring it up. He's not ready to leave. I sometimes think I am but it's for all the wrong reasons.

Besides, as hard as things are right now, there are good things about living here, too. We're close to family. This island is BEAUTIFUL and I am in constant awe of my surroundings. We live a pretty calm life here. There is no crime. We don't have to lock our doors at night. There have been times we haven't even "closed" our door, even while being out all day long. You can't walk down the street or drive 2 blocks without someone smiling and waving at you. Everyone knows you by name. You're not just another face in the crowd here. People know you (which isn't always good).
************************
Michael's dad was sent to the hospital today. He was having chest pains and they were afraid it was his heart. They checked him out and it's not his heart. He has bronchitis. They are going to monitor him overnight, start him on anti-biotics, and he can come home tomorrow. I'm SO glad it wasn't anything more serious. The man never slows down and it scares me.
**********************
We had Theodore and Lindsey overnight last weekend. They entertained each other so it wasn't so bad for me. We were going to let them walk the puppies with Michael. He put the leashes on the collars and was doing something at the back of the truck. By the time he turned around, the kids were long gone. They took off running. He didn't feel like trying to catch up so we just drove behind them in the truck. They ran an entire mile. I wish I had half their energy!
********************
There's really nothing more to say at the moment. I haven't been out of the house much because of the weather so haven't anything exciting to tell you about. Sorry!

4 comments:

Connie Marie said...

I am glad Michael's Dad has bronchitis and not heart troubles, I hope he gets over it really soon.

I think you need to order some beads, and make something :-]

Kerri said...

Oh, you think so, huh? Did your sister tell you to say that?

Jenny said...

**hugs**

Very glad to hear he's OK, and SCARY to think it could have been more serious!!

Those kids and puppies are such a joy to you, aren't they? Gorgeous!!!!!

Fizzy said...

It was lovely to see your comment on my blog yesterday. I havn't been commenting around that much recently I am so sorry. We are still in school for another 4 weeks yet and it is crazy!

I am glad that your FIL is getting better and that it is nothing more serious.

I read your last post too and I do sometimes wnat to leave my area but fo all lthe wrong reasons. I think that even if I did then all my problems would still be there. I love my area so will stay. Do you feel like that? We do not have the job worry that you and Micheal have to cope with. I hope that you can find something that will solve the problem. Your "rock" does look beautiful. Look after yourself