Monday, January 22, 2007

Another Long Weekend

I stayed home today. I was kept awake most of the night with a headache. At least I think it was a headache. It was at the back of my head, towards the right side, just above my neck. I couldn't really tell if it was my head or neck hurting and at times it felt like both. Right now it's feeling more like my head but I still think it's a weird place for a headache. I learned early on that its best to stay home when I have a headache. It's hard to concentrate and be patient when all you can think about is the nagging pain. It takes a lot of patience to work with the teachers I do. haha I'm just kidding...they're a good bunch.


Speaking of work, Friday was an inservice day for our building. It was a computer workshop so I couldn't duck out. Before it even started, the principal had me wishing I had. He didn't do anything bad. I think he was trying to make up for what he didn't do back in December and if you ask me, he went a little overboard.

Even though it was a computer workshop, he had us all meet in the library for a staff meeting. It was about 15 to 20 minutes and he spent that entire time singing my praises. He told them how much I do...computer lab, library, data entry, trouble shooting, answer phones when needed, and on and on and on. He admitted that he asks a LOT of me and puts a lot of pressure on me to get things done. He said that no matter what he asks of me, I always manage to get it done, do a thorough job, and do it without griping. While I appreciated his observations, I was not comfortable with him stating all that at a staff meeting.

My best guess is he's thinking about what happened last month. This is his way of making up for his mistakes without actually taking responsibility. I've already put it behind me. I won't let him talk to me about it because it won't do any good. He'll never talk to Ms. B about it...I know him well enough to not even hope for that. I'm not holding a grudge because that would be a waste of energy but I will not talk about it. I just wish he would stop already with the small talk and the compliments. He must have thanked me 10 times on Friday. Enough already!


Lucione is on the varsity basketball team this year. She's a freshman and gets a lot of playing time. They got off to a rough start, losing 3 in a row. But Saturday night they earned their 4th straight win up in Haines. I'm so proud of her. She's doing very well. All that time it takes to participate in a sport has not affected her grades at all. She finished the semester with a 4.0!

Lindsey is doing well, too. I don't know her GPA but it was high enough to get her on Honor Roll and she has the highest GPA of the entire 7th grade! My babies are making me proud. :o)

Last week Lindsey came to the library in my building to work on her homework. She showed me all of her certificates (She got a bunch of awards, not just Honor Roll). When she asked for help with her vocabulary I said, "You don't need my help, Ms. Highest GPA."

She said, "YOU are the reason I have highest GPA!" How do you say no after that? haha


My friend Millie is showing signs she may be waking up soon. She's become sensitive to touch. If you lay a hand on her or touch her in any way, she moves. And not just small movements. She really moves and only calms down if you talk to her and tell her what you are doing. The last I heard, the doctors were wanting her to wake up by Wednesday. Please help me pray that she does. Also pray that the swelling continue to decrease. Thank you.

2 comments:

Connie Marie said...

I like your new look! It looks neat and clean or something.

I am so excited about Millie too. I was so excited when I read what Doris said about her opening her mouth!

Congrats to the smarties in your family---- L & L!

Jenny said...

Kerri- in all the time I've known you and your blog, this is the first ever template change!! WOO HOO!!!!

I am still praying for your friend.

Good for your girls! That is awesome!