Sunday, January 28, 2007

They won! (Updated with pictures)

Our high school girls team won both Friday and Saturday night. Friday I suspected it was because the visiting team was on the road and water all day. I figured they were fatigued from travel and expected Saturday's game to be a bit closer.

Well, they started off neck and neck, but our girls eventually pulled away and rather than win by 22 as the night before, they won by 18.

It was good to get out of the house, though I felt guilty every time I ran into a co-worker. I'm just glad our principal chooses not to attend ballgames. Ever. I'm not sure why I felt guilty. It's not like I was home on a self-proclaimed "vacation". Far from it. I STILL had headaches yesterday. I think today will be a good day. I haven't left the house yet, but plan to soon. The puppies are getting antsy. It's time for a good long walk.
***************
This was one of Alexys' few moments of rest. She's co-captain and plays most of the game. I'm pretty sure she had the high score on Saturday night. She made about 4 lay-ups after stealing the ball. She's an awesome player and only a sophomore. She and Lucione are both excellent ball players. I can't wait till Lindsey joins them. They'll all have one year together before Alexys graduates.

Lucione plays really tough defense. It's hard for anyone to drive on her. She plays tough and has the battle scars to prove it! When I spoke to her after Friday's game, she said, "Aunty, I have a swollen pinkie, a floor burn on my left knee and a bruise on my right thigh!" She didn't get hurt on Saturday, but still played a tough game. :o)

4 comments:

Connie Marie said...

That is such a beautiful picture you have on this page, so calm and serene.

BB is a no contact sport, so how did Lucione get her ouchies? :0)

Kerri said...

I ride past that mountain just about everyday. The whole island is calm and serene. :o)

I think someone forgot to tell the kids BB is a no contact sport! haha Kids were getting hurt all over the place on Friday!

Lindsey's season started this week...her first game is on Saturday. SHE'S the rough player out of the two!

Jenny said...

YAY!!!! Gorgeous girls!

Fizzy said...

Hello
What wonderful girls. Congratulations on thier win

Thanks for all your kind comments