Tuesday, January 16, 2007

To Millie

I Miss You, Millie

You’re loving, kind, and thoughtful
Understanding and caring, too
Your friendship is a priceless gift
A treasure, rare and true

You listen when I need to talk
You let me know you care
When I need some cheering up
It’s you who’s always there

I’ve come to you for guidance
When I’d felt I’d gone astray
You’d gently redirect me
In your gentle, caring way

I’m grateful for all that you’ve done
I thank God every day
For bringing you into my life
I pray you’re here to stay

I’m feeling quite selfish
I’m not ready to let go
I pray that God will heal you
May His blessings overflow

You’ll be a living testament
To what God alone can do
You’ll walk and talk and laugh again
God will help you to

Until that day all I can do
Is lift you up in prayer
I can’t be with you, but that’s okay
‘Cause I know God is there

I wish that I could tell you
What’s in my heart today
I’d tell you that my love for you
Will never go away

I’d tell you how I think of you
From sunrise to day’s end
I’d tell you just how very much
I miss you, my dear friend.

7 comments:

Connie Marie said...

That is a beautiful tribute to Millie. Thanks for sharing your heart to the whole world about her sweet spirit. She will appreciate it one day.

Anonymous said...

Oh Carrie that just made my day. Oh that's so sweet. I sit here with tears in my eyes. And a smile across my face. Thank you for sharing that with us. (((HUGS))) Carrie. :) Love you~Mar

Emmie said...

This is such a touchy poem... it really touched my heart... it reflects the true friendship from the core of your heart... well sometimes u can drop by My Friendship Blog ... hope u will like it...!!!

Fizzy said...

I am really touched by your Poem. I hope that you get the opportunity to read this to your friend as she recovers

Kerri said...

I'm happy you like it, Connie. No need to thank me. I'm praying every single day for her and yes, I too believe she will see this poem one day.

Mar, I didn't mean to make you cry! Don't thank me...all I did was write what was in my heart. I'm glad you like it. Love you, too. (((Mar)))

Thanks, Emmie. I'll stop by some time.

Fizzy, I have faith that I will be able to share this poem with her one day. I just need to be patient and let God do His work.

Sandy said...

that's a very sweet poem, you obviously have a lot of love for her. (((hug)))

Tee/Tracy said...

That's really lovely, Kerri. I can tell it's straight from the heart.

It's nice to "see" you again. {HUGS}