Monday, February 06, 2006

Getting Better


Slowly but surely, I am getting better. My neck and back are fine now. I have limited use of my arm but it’s getting better. I am not bothered by it too much unless I am too active. I still can’t raise my arm above my head but can at least rest it on my desk so I’m no longer typing one-handed. But that also means I can’t type as long, as the longer I do, the more I ache.

Our belongings are slowly getting packed up in boxes. I am not allowed to help so that is making things go a lot slower. We have a lot more “stuff” then will actually fit in the house so we have to figure out what to do with it all. I’d hate to think we have to haul a bunch of it to Ketchikan to put in storage and I don’t know that I’m ready to give it up in a garage sale.

We went and looked at my dad’s house on Friday night. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that the couple who were staying there did some minor repairs. They also painted all the walls. All white…but still they are painted and it looks nice. They didn’t pay rent so I guess this was their way to thank my dad for allowing them to stay for so long. They’ve got a few more things (like an extra refrigerator) to move out of there before we can move in.

I’m feeling better about moving and am even a little glad. It will be nice to not have the stress that came along with living here. I still don’t like the way things have played out and am extremely disappointed in my uncle, but I couldn’t stand to be in the middle of it all anymore. It’s not my fight to fight. I really shouldn’t have ever been involved at all. We were just doing my mother a favor because she didn’t want the house to stand vacant.

We were busy with basketball this weekend. It was Homecoming weekend and Craig sent both their boys and girls teams. That meant 4 basketball games a night. We were at the gym from 3:00 to about 9:30 PM both Friday and Saturday. Friday night the boys lost. They were behind by as many as 20 and fought their way back up to with in 3. They had some silly fouls right at the end and they lost by 6. They played a lot better on Saturday and won by 15. The girls won both nights; Friday by 19 and Saturday by 30. Alexys scored 19 points on Friday. I don’t know how many she scored on Saturday, but she played another great game. I can’t wait until the tournament next month. They have a chance to do really well. The boys can, too, if they play like they did on Saturday.

Sunday was Super Bowl Sunday. We made french dip sandwiches and homemade french fries. The game was disappointing. I’ve got nothing against the Steelers, but I like to root for the underdog. Seattle had never played in the Super Bowl before and I was hoping they would win. I feel like they should have. The so-called “pass interference” was barely a touch and the Steelers quarterback did not break the plane with the football until after he was down so should not have scored. By my count, the game should have been 17-14 in favor of the Seahawks. Sorry, SQ…hope you enjoyed the game. :o)

Now I’m back at work…and testing again. That means that no matter how sore my arm gets or how much I sneeze (I think I’m getting another cold!) I can’t miss work for at least the next 2 weeks.

I’ve got 2nd grade coming and my shoulder is tired…time to stop typing. Happy Monday to you all.

2 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Happy moving!!!!

bleah...

Kerri said...

If it weren't for the two calls...they would have! haha I'm not mad, just disappointed...I normally love to watch the Steelers. Their trick or gadget plays are always fun to see. The Seahawks didn't play well and there are always those "what if's" after a game like this. Especially when the other team won. :o)