Monday, February 20, 2006

It's About Time

We finally got the call we’ve been waiting for. The people who were living in my dad’s house have finally moved out completely and we have started moving in. My dad’s house is smaller, but at least we don’t have to worry about feuding family members and we can start concentrating on a home of our own.

Lindsey spent the night with us on Saturday. In hopes of discouraging her, I told her that she couldn’t stay unless she helped me pack. She was more than eager to lend a hand and even though I was reluctant at first, we were glad to have her help. She is so strong for her age (and I have the fat lip to prove it!) and I had to work hard to keep up with her.

My sister-in-law’s dog had a puppy; just one lone puppy. Michael has wanted another dog and I was trying to hold out but his sister has already called him and told him he has first dibs on this puppy, a female, if he wants. It will be a small, indoor dog. I’m not sure I’m totally for it just yet, but I think I may be outnumbered this time. As long as she gets house-trained before Michael has to leave for work, I guess it will be okay. I’ve never had a female dog, though…I don’t know if I can handle it should she get pregnant and/or have puppies while Michael is away. We may have to get her fixed ASAP. hehe

I only have 4 days of work this week. Friday is the last day of our 3rd quarter and since my grades are done, I am not required to work. There are high school basketball games this weekend so having the day off will be beneficial when it comes to moving to the other house.

I was thinking I had a trip coming up next week, but it’s actually the week after. March 8th through the 11th I’ll be in Town for the Southeast Regional Basketball Tournament. We made reservations and paid for tickets and the hotel months ago when we thought Michael would be out of town for most of the basketball season. This was assurance that he’d get to see Alexys play during her freshman season of basketball. He’s actually been able to see all of her home games, but we’re still looking forward to the time away.

I have 2 more tests to give this week - one tomorrow and one on Wednesday. Then I’ll be done until May. I can’t believe how fast this school year has gone by. This is Lindsey’s last year in elementary school. She’ll be in junior high next year and Lucione will move on to high school! I’m starting to feel old.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

--done until may...

At first I thought you meant WITH WORK but then I realized you only meant testing.

**hugs** I am so glad that Michael is home with you right now. :-) You seem ever so much more at peace.

Kate said...

Yay, puppy! :-) You'll love it, I'm sure.

Eh, don't worry about being old... it's part of life, enjoy it!

Good luck with move! Glad to hear there are good things going on!

Smiles!