Thursday, February 02, 2006

I'm Baaa-aaack! (For Now)

I was told I should put up a post so y'all would know I'm still alive.

Please excuse my long absence. Life around here has been crazy and painful. I have not spent a lot of time at my computer and once I've typed this, will get back off because I can only sit here for a short time.

Let's see...where to begin...

When I last posted, I was confused about what to do about the whole house situation. Thanks to my uncle (ha!), I am no longer confused but angry and hurt. Without going into all the gory details, lets just say that he's claiming this house is his, he's convinced the mayor this house is his, and he's not changing his mind.

I can keep living here and pay him rent, or move on. Had I been the one fighting for the house, I would not even consider moving on. I know he's wrong. I totally disagree and am heart-broken over it, but this is not my fight to fight.

We've already started packing. It's taking a lot longer than I had hoped (because I can't help) and I don't even think my uncle knows yet. We'll live in my dad's vacant house until we figure out our next move. At least I know he won't kick me out.

Now, about the pain...

Last week, when Michael drove me to work, I hurt myself getting out of the car. I opened the car door just as a big gust of wind came. The wind grabbed the door and flung it open almost pulling me out of the car.

I didn't let go because I didn't want the door to be damaged. I damaged myself, instead. I've got severely strained muscles in my neck, shoulder, and back as a result.

I haven't worked this week and have been on pain killers that are not really killing anything except my good mood. I can't really move my arm and when I do, have almost no range of motion.

Even now I'm typing with one hand. It takes forever because I'm right-handed and have to do everything with my left. Using my right hand for anything, including typing, makes my shoulder ache.

I didn't want all my posts to be all about my problems, aches, and pains so I took a break. Jayleigh, I'm sorry. I just got your comment today and will check out your new blog soon. Being at the computer is too uncomfortable at the moment.

Y'all take care and I'll be back on once I regain use of my right arm.

3 comments:

Connie Marie said...

aww bummer (((((((kerrie)))))))

I am happy your Michael is home! I hope you heal quickly and before he has to leave.

What a blessing that you have a place to go to. Sorry for the reason you have to leave the home you have now.

Hey I am thinking about you more than I normally do... I have a cold!!!!

Jenny said...

***hugs***

Well I'm glad that you are alive. So sorry you're dealing with pain and having to move, but I am glad M is there for you.

Just take care of yourself please.

Fizzy said...

I am so sorry that this is all happening to you. Have you had your arm and back checked out? I hope so. Look after yourself. I will keep checking in to see how you are