Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Rambling Thoughts

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I opened the front door and saw a blue sky. It was actually blue…as in not cloudy and not completely dark. I am so excited that I’m not coming to work in the dark anymore.

My arm is so much better today. I actually rolled around in my sleep last night. I kept waking up in different positions. Since the day I hurt my arm, I had been sleeping on my back (which I hate) all night long. I even brushed my own hair today. It made my arm tired, but didn’t hurt. I’m making progress. :o)

I’m stuffed up again today, though. It never fails. When I get sick first, Michael doesn’t catch it. But when he gets sick first (like this time) I get it, too. It’s so not fair!

I just got a memo in my mailbox telling me we have an inservice next Wednesday. That’s going to put me behind on my testing. Why does something have to happen every time I need to test?! Just once I’d like to go through the process and have it go smoothly. Being that we don’t have an on-site tech guy, I guess I should just be glad they are working this time.

I just got back from science class. We had extra time at the end and had fun reminiscing about past years. I had to tease my nephew Ethan about the day he fell asleep in computer class. He’s little…always has been the shortest in his class. He’s also a clown. He likes to tease and be teased. He used to pretend to sleep in his chair. Every time I went near him he’d close his eyes and pretend to snore. Well, this one day, I noticed he was extra quiet and still. I walked over to him and, of course, his eyes were closed. I whispered his name and he didn’t move. Not even the hint of a smile. That’s when I suspected he was actually asleep because he can’t keep a straight face. “Ethan, are you asleep?” Still nothing, so I have him a little poke in the ribs. He didn’t open his eyes so I went and got his teacher. It took the both of us to wake him up. Once he woke, she took him back to his classroom. He curled up on a bean bag and took a long nap. I’ll have to post a picture of him. He’s a cutie and you can tell just by lookin at him that he’s a clown and a ham.

Speaking of nephews, Craig got a hair cut. It’s really short; shaved, but not bald. Feels kinda like a man’s chin after a few days of not shaving. He walked into computer class yesterday and I almost didn’t recognize him. He must have realized how shocked I was because he said, “Aunty Kerri, I’m here and I’m NOT bald!”

I’ve been following the trial of a Craig teenager accused of plotting to have her mother killed. I can’t decide if I believe her or not. I’m so glad I don’t live in Juneau. I would not have wanted to be on this jury. She could get multiple 99 year sentences if she is found guilty of all her charges.

She confessed to knowing about the plot, but they’re saying it was coerced, that the cops kinda bullied her into a confession. Both of the guys (who were 24 at the time…she was 16) who committed the murder pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against her but the guy who actually killed her, changed his story on the stand and said the girl had not spoken directly to him, that he was taking the other guys word that the girl wanted her mother dead. The entire story is on Court TV’s website, if you want to know more. The jury should begin their deliberations today.

I can’t believe its Wednesday already. I only have 1 computer class today and they aren’t coming because they have to do some testing in their classroom. That means I have nothing to do for the next 2 hours.

Hopefully, I’ll manage to keep busy. I can’t type anymore, though.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Glad to hear you're getting some daylight again! **hugs**

It seems like things are going really well for you. That makes my heart glad.

Take care, you!