Wednesday, January 18, 2006

2 More Days

I’m at work today after taking yesterday off. This lovely cold of mine will not go away. I feel so disconnected from the world around me because I haven’t really been a part of it for over 2 weeks.
It felt strange to walk into Science class this morning. I had no idea what the kids were doing. The classes took their tests and started new units while I was sick. I still can’t talk properly so spent my time in the copy room. When I finished making copies I corrected tests. Fun stuff, I tell ya.
The little league basketball season started this week. Lindsey and Lucione are on the same team this year. This is wonderful news. Normally, I’m at the town hall every Saturday for hours at a time because I have to watch so many different teams play. But now with Alexys in high school, Lucione and Lindsey on the same team, and James not participating, I only HAVE to watch 1 game a week. Of course, I’ll probably watch more. Have to get my $1’s worth, ya know.
Michael will be here on Friday. No stressing about how he’ll get home this time. The travel lady FINALLY woke up and realized that traveling home in one day, although possible, is rather stressful and inconvenient. So they’re actually leaving Fresno tomorrow. They’ll overnight in Seattle and take the first flight to Alaska in the morning. That means, Michael will be home before I even get off work. Akeskileut won’t have to deal with my stress this time. Haha This will also give Michael a chance to visit his big brother. They’re both excited about that. They were planning on staying at his house but I don’t think that’s going to work out.
There’s a chance Michael may be able to stay home until the contracts for their next project are signed. I’m VERY excited about that. This weekend is Alexys’ first home game and next week is the first game for my girls.
Between basketball games, I think I’ll be packing and moving. More on that later. For now I’ve got to a 5th grade class in here for computers.

4 comments:

Connie Marie said...

I think you should buy stock in kleenex! You and your frequent colds are contributing to their wealth!

Do you use that germ-killing lotion at all? I think that every teachers desk should have a supply of it.

Hope Michael's travel days go smoother.

Jenny said...

So..... how long might he be able to stay at home?

And...

$1 for a day of basketball!!!!

The admission was $3 here for students back when I was in HS! WOW what a great deal!

:-)

Fizzy said...

Poor you. It is working in schools that does it to ya. Can you get a flu jab/injections? we have them they are supposed to protect vulnerable people. I have never had it, but have been told that once the surgery have done all the people (pensioners, ill, vulnerable) people then there is any supplies left I may be able to get it.

I really really really hope that Micheals journery is smoother.

Look after yourself

k8 said...

okay this sounds bizarre. i had a cold that would not go away and some lady at school told me to get the ayr sinus irrigation kit and do it 2 times a day. i procrastinated but when i finally did- wow! no more congestion.