Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm so Happy!

You can't see me, but I'm dancing in my chair. The weather is gorgeous...30 degrees and clear blue skies. Michael is home...for at least 2 weeks, maybe as long as 2 months! My baby is here (Lucione) and we're having her favorite food for supper (fish and rice). My niece Alexys is a freshman this year...starting 5 on the varsity basketball team...and her first home game is tonight.

It's just a good day. The kids at school behaved really well and were as cute as ever. The new SpEd teacher finally talked to me. She still won't make eye contact, but at least she talked to me. She's been here 2 weeks now and was starting to give me a complex because whenever I entered a room she'd clam up. A few times she even went as far as turning her back to me. Weird.

Michael and the others have a small job to do here. I'm not sure how soon they'll start, but it will last about a week and a half. The project that they have lined up in Fresno is still tied up in red tape. They will stay home until all the paperwork is complete. They were told they could be here 2 or 3 weeks, or as long as 2 or 3 months. That makes me so deliriously happy.

Not just because I like having him home, but because of the fact that I am going to have to move. Well, I don't have to. I just made the decision to. The house I'm living in was my grandmothers. The reason we are living here is because it became my mothers. My uncle, my mom's only brother who happens to live in a lovely 2-story home of his own, has claimed this house as his own. If we don't move out by the end of this month, we have to start paying him rent.

It's not the rent I'm upset about. It's the way my uncle went about getting the house. He has not been nice about it. At all. He's doing all of his communications through written letters, each one sounding more bitter than the last.

I've finally reached the point where I've had enough. My dad's house is empty because he moved into my step-mom's house after they married. We'll live there until we can secure some financing to either build a home of our own, or bring in a modular home. I have a lovely beach front property all ready to put a home on. Once I do, you can all take turns coming to visit me. :o) But you'll have to get in line behind Akeskileut. She's already promised to be my first guest. Connie Marie, maybe you can come along with her. ;o)

Anyway, I'm off to eat supper. Then we'll deliver my dad's birthday present on our way to the game. I hope you all have an absolutely fabulous weekend. I know I will! :o)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Awesome that M will be home for a nice long time.

Crappy about your Uncle. I had a very similar thing happen to me when Rob and I had been married a year and were living in my great granmother's old house and my grandpa passed away.

Awesome that you're thinking about building. SO EXCITING!

And SQ is right... your happiness is contagious!

**hugs**

Lois Lane said...

I think I could see you dancing! Happy birthday to your dad. Congratulations on all the great news! Welcome home to the mister.
Lois Lane

k8 said...

crummy deal about the house. i think possessions and money are the main reason families fight.

i think you're dealing w it well.