Monday, April 17, 2006

I Hope You Had a Wonderful Easter!

I hope everyone had a safe, enjoyable Easter weekend! My weekend was busy doing a lot of not-so-important things. Except Sunday…that was church and eating then more church and more eating. I thought I was done eating until I heard my nephew Ross is coming in today and he’s got a huge prime rib dinner planned for the family tonight. Oh well, it will be nice to see him. He hasn’t been home since last August.

We only have 3 really young (actually 2…but the third one pouted when he thought he was being excluded) kids in our family. We had an Easter egg hunt for them yesterday after dinner. They were just plastic eggs…empty plastic eggs, at that, but they had a blast.

We hid them outside and once they found them all, begged to start all over again. They had 3 hunts outside before they got cold. Then we moved inside and they had at least 3 more. I have pictures, but I’m at work.

If I can get on my computer later, I’ll post pictures. Lucione has been doing her homework at my house. That means I don’t get the computer until she’s done and with the loads of work she’s been having, that hasn’t been till after 6PM. By then I’ve had supper and am ready to do other things. That’s why I haven’t been posting very often. I can’t ever get on my computer at home!

Here at work I’ve started testing again. A whole month early, but that’s how the principal wants it. He said he wants to allow time for students to take it again if he thinks they need it. The kids aren’t very happy with me. They just took their big benchmark exams not too long ago.

We’re down to 5 and ½ weeks until summer vacation. I can’t believe how fast time is passing. I’m so ready for the break, though.

Michael is still hinting at going back to work in California if/when they call him back. Personally, I’m tired of this company. Not just because of all the traveling Michael does, either. They promised him year-round employment.  They said if they finish a project somewhere, they’ll move on to the next so they’d always be working. They haven’t worked since January. They were told that a total of 70 people throughout the company were laid off. One of the bosses let it slip that a guy who had been hired AFTER Michael and Rick was re-hired once Michael and Rick returned back to Alaska. They were told they could return by March…then April. Then they get called and told they have a month-long job here on the island. They were to be working all through April until the first part of May. They worked a total of 7 days and were told they were done. I’m getting tired of broken promises…empty bank accounts…a restless husband. I keep telling him he needs to find work here at home. Yet when you ask him when he’s going back to work, he’ll say, “They’re supposed to let me know in May.” Sometimes he’s loyal to a fault. *sigh*

I’ve got 2nd grade now…I need to give them my undivided attention during their test.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

**hugs**

It's amazing just HOW MUCH kids like to hunt for eggs... whether or not they hold anything inside. When I was a kid, we'd play "hot or cold" with the REAL colored eggs all day long. :-)

Good luck with the testing, and especially with M's job situation. You are such a sweet hearted person, and I know this is putting tons of pressure on both of you.

Fizzy said...

What a busy time you have had!.
I hope that Micheal gets sorted for employment soon and that it is a form that you are hppay with.

As for Summer, when you mentioned it is 5 and half weeks until the summer break I just thought, here we go again..... we are still on holiday until next MOnday, so if you count this week and the whole of the next term...... we will break up for summer in .... wait for it....... 14 weeks time .FOURTEEN!!!!!!!!