Thursday, April 06, 2006

Oops!

I swear I start each day thinking, “I need to make an entry to my blog today.” But once I’m up and ready to start my day, I don’t do it.

This week at school we’re busy with tests. The students are taking their state benchmark exams and the teacher’s aides are taking a test to prove they are highly qualified. It’s the teacher’s aides who are keeping me busy.

I’ve been trying to help them cram so that they can pass at least one of the three sections on the test. They’re not very confident they can pass any part of it, but we’ll keep going till they’ve passed them all. They have until June 30th to pass in order to assure them of a job next school year. It all stems from the No Child Left Behind Act.

The weather for the past few weeks has been absolutely gorgeous. We’ve warmed up quite a bit, even hitting 50 degrees a couple days in a row this week. As I walked to work this morning it was cloudy and sprinkled for a few minutes, but was still a nice walk.

The only complaint I had was the neighbor’s dog wouldn’t stop following me. The more I asked him to go home, the closer he followed. They need to put him on a leash. He drags trash all over the place and even swiped one of Michael’s shoes he left on the porch. Nevermind that Michael shouldn’t have left his shoes on the porch, the dog needs to be tied up.

We have about 6 and a half weeks left before Summer Vacation. That is unreal. I cannot believe how fast this year flew by! Every year at this time I find myself wondering what it would be like to not work the following year. “What if I stayed home?” “What if I got a job somewhere else?” “What if….”

Then August comes along, I get a call asking if I want to work and I always say yes.

I’m out of time. Space Cadet is pouting because she’s not required to take the exam the teacher’s aides are taking. Mr. Principal is tired of hearing her whine about it so I have to test her today. *sigh*

2 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

My older sister is a teacher and also LOVES her summer vacation. LOL.

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you're back to posting and HEALTHY again.

**hugs**

Teachers totally deserve a couple of months off break from the wee ones. :-)