Monday, February 14, 2005

"Happy Valentimes Day, Ms. Kerri"

I heard that over and over again today. I even received some goodies. Cupcakes, lollipops, cards, candy hearts, cookies...

Why do kids say ValentiMes, anyway? I always make sure I reply with, "Happy ValentiNe's Day, (insert child's name here)." But they never seem to hear it. From Kindergarten up through 6th grade, they all said ValentiMes. heehee

All in all it was a good day. We decided we weren't going to exchange gifts or anything for Valentine's day, but Michael surprised me with a nice dinner. He made cornish hens. It was prepared in a way I had never had them before and I must say, they were very delicious!

We didn't have a lot of alone time, but that was by choice. Lucione was here when it was time to eat so we fed her. Then we went and spent some time with an aunt of mine. She happens to be one of my, if not THE, favorite aunts of mine.

My uncle passed away quite suddenly a couple years ago in January. She misses him terribly. Especially right now because the tournament we wathced this weekend was a memorial tournament in his honor. He was one of the biggest supporters of youth basketball in the community so it was only right it be named in his honor.

My aunt, too, is a very important pillar of our community. Whenever something needs to be done, she's called upon and she always delivers. Everyone in the community, young and old, call her either aunty or gramma whether they are related or not. Everyone loves her.

We brought her some of the fresh bread that was baked yesterday. She was so happy to receive it.

Now I think I'll go watch some TV with Michael. I hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day. :o)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow. The comment thing changed!

I can relate. As you know I work at at Pharmacy and gift shop. I heard so many ADULTS say ValentiMes Day yesterday. And what's with wishing a clerk Happy Valentine's Day anyway? I saved that for my sweetheart and my little sweetheart. ;-)

Kerri said...

The comment changes surprised me, too. It's kinda cool how I can see profile pics when I post comments now. :)

Kerri said...

That's because you've got bright kids! :o)

Kerri said...

I do, too, Tara. It was especially nice this time becasue he prepared it differently. With some sort of honey sauce on it.