Thursday, February 10, 2005

I Have Returned...

...from the land of the almost dead. At least that's what it felt like. I woke up Monday morning with a terrible headache. I went to school knowing it was not going to be a full day for me (kids got released at 1:15 and I didn't have to participate in the workshop so I left around 2:30) hoping my headache would subside after swallowing a couple Tylenol. By mid-morning, I realized my headache didn't subside...it didn't even feel a tiny bit better...and I was starting to sneeze. By the time I left school my sinuses were completely plugged and my headache was 10 times worse.

I went to bed early that night but when I awoke the next morning I could barely lift my head off the pillow. I couldn't breathe, I was in pain (head and neck), and I was cold. I had a temperature of 99.8 so stayed home. Things only got worse. Yesterday I didn't even get up out of bed until 9:40PM and then I was back in bed by 11:00. Wide awake until 3:30AM or later and dead tired at 6:30 when my alarm went off.

I took off 3 days in a row. I hate missing work but it was better to have it happen this week than next week or the week after. There are only 2 more weeks in the 3rd quarter so I have to do testing for the next 2 weeks. I can't miss work during testing because I don't trust anyone else to do it properly.

A perfectionist, I am not. I just like things to be done right. :o)

There is a little league basketball tournament going on this weekend. It started tonight, actually. I'm missing out. :o( Michael asked me to come along but I haven't been at work in 3 days, so I figured it best to just stay home. There's always tomorrow and Saturday.

Being that I have not left the house since returning from work Monday afternoon, I really don't have anything to talk about. Hmph. Such a boring life I lead. Hee hee

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Thanks, Tara! Much better. :o) I've already sat through two basketball games. I'm taking a break and going to watch Lindsey play her 2nd of the day.