Sunday, February 06, 2005

Superbowl Sunday

I can't believe I haven't posted all weekend! I guess it's mainly because I didn't have anything worth posting about.

Saturday was pretty uneventful. Other than the 4 inches of snow we got, that is. We took a long drive all to enjoy the scenery. Saturday night Lucione and her mom came by for an unexpected visit. We had some popcorn and watched the Tom and Jerry movie. It was one of Lucione's favorite movies as a small child. She used to use my back scratcher as a cane and dance along with the characters in the movie. I couldn't talk her into doing it for us, though.

Today was another beautiful day. No snow, but clear blue skies all day. We didn't venture out, though, other than church. What little snow was left on the roads froze last night so we were a little nervous to drive. We didn't leave the house until just before kick-off.

We watched the superbowl at the house of my husband's cousin. It was fun. There were only 5 of us there. His cousin fried some chicken and made a delicious potato salad. The only complaint I have is someone smoked a cigar and now I smell the smoke on me. Everytime I turn my head...it's in my hair. ick

I didn't really care who won the superbowl. I was hoping the Steelers would make it in. Since they didn't, I just pulled for whoever was behind. hee hee

Now that I'm home, I think I'll take a quick shower to get rid of this awful smell and get some sleep.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hooray for snow, for remembering the acts of nieces when they were small, for fried chicken, and BOO for icky smoke-in-hair scent. blehhhh

Have a great day, Kerri.

Aimee said...

Oh, I so glad you got some snow!

It may be a while before I'm back here--have a great week, Sweetie, and I'll talk to you soon.

xoxox

Kerri said...

Jayleigh, I don't care how much people around me complain. I love the snow and how it makes everything seem so fresh and clean. Stinky smoke is awful...so glad I have clean smelling shampoo. :o)

Aimee, I'm praying for ya. Take it easy afterwards. *hugs*