Friday, February 18, 2005

I Can't Believe I Did It!

I finally broke in the clippers last night and gave Michael a haircut. I guess it wasn't all that bad for a first try. He really, really needed a cut so this was an improvement. As long as you don't look too carefully, it's a pretty decent cut. I forgot to take a "before" picture and was so relived to be done, I didn't bother to take an "after" shot.

Even if I don't ever cut his hair again, the clippers already paid for themselves. It would normally cost a trip to Town plus the haircut and a little shopping. He says that every time I cut his hair, it will get easier and easier. I say I was crazy to try it and can't guarantee there will be a next time! haha

*************************************

Madisyn is alert and as inquisitive as ever. Whenever her doctor tries to do something, she wants to know why. She's doing so well, she may even get to come home this weekend. I cannot tell you how happy that makes me. Like I said, she's not a relative, but I love kids and this particular one is just too adorable. She's extremely bright (She started Kindergarten at age 4 so she's the youngest and smallest in her class.) and friendly. She can't say her r's properly so she sounds really cute when she talks. She's one of those kids who manages to find trouble and get away with it because no one has the heart to yell at her sweet little face. The photo below doesn't really do her justice. She's a little doll.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I read this last night and I just wanted to say GOOD GIRL!!! It'll get easier in time.

Do you mean to say there are no barbers where you live? Or none that he trusts?

*grin*

Take care!

Kerri said...

Jayleigh, in order to get a haircut, you have to leave the island. There are no barbers here. If there were, I wouldn't be putting myself through the stress of doing it myself! hehe