Friday, February 04, 2005

TGIF

I'm so glad today is Friday. This week did go by sort of quickly, but I'm always relieved when the weekend arrives.

The rain still has not stopped. The mountains got some snow over the past few days, but nothing down here at sea-level. At least the wind has died down.

I have a couple of Craig stories to share. One took place in the library at school. He and one of his classmates were standing in line waiting for me to check their books back in so they could chose another.

The first boy said, "We had P.E. today. I should have wore my other shoes. They make me run fast."

Craig said, "Yeah? These shoes make me jump real high."

The first boy didn't believe him so he thought he'd do a demonstration. He jumped fairly high but dropped his book. When he landed, he slipped on the book and fell to the floor.

He was sitting there looking defeated. He looked at the bottom of his shoe, shook his head and said with a heavy sigh, "I stand corrected."

I could not wait till I finished checking books in and out so I could leave the room and laugh. He's so cute and the things that come out of his mouth always surprise me. He's got a very good vocabulary for a 6 yr. old. Sometimes it feels as if I'm talking with a short adult.

The only thing is, he's got an excellent memory so you have to be careful what you say around him. It may come back at you later!

The other day, Craig and his dad went over to my in-laws' house. My father-in-law likes to tease and most of the time Craig just rolls with it but every once in a while, he'll be in a cranky mood and won't feel like playing along.

So the other day he walks in and his yaya immediately started teasing him.

Craig looked at him and growled, "I can't wait till I'm 16 then I am SO out of here!"

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love to hear Craig stories. I told my coworkers about this one last night and they all laughed heartily. Thanks for the fun!

Kerri said...

Kate, I'm finding that's true with a lot of kids. There's no sense trying to talk quietly, either, because their selective hearing will manage to hear your whispers from 20 feet away. Speak up and tell them to do a chore or turn off the TV, though, and they've all of the sudden become deaf!

Jayleigh, I'm glad he made you laugh. He keeps us smiling all the time. I've got to start carrying a note pad or smething because a lot of the funny stuff he does or says I can't remember because there are so many!

Last night we were having cake for his mothers birthday and he showed off his reading skills by reading signs on our local tv station. Not funny, but cute and adorable just the same. :o)