Sunday, February 13, 2005

Please, NO MORE Basketball!

What a long weekend this turned out to be. It's time's like this I kick myself for making promises. My nieces and nephews ask me to watch them play ball and, of course, I always promise I will. Then it comes time for a tournament and it's non-stop basketball for what feels like eternity.

Yesterday, Lindsey had a game at 9AM. Lucione had a game immediately following at 10:15. James followed her at 11:30. Quick break for lunch and then it's back to the gym to watch Lindsey's 2nd game at 2:00. I could only watch half, though, because Alexys had a 2:30 game at the other gym. Quick break for dinner. Then it was back to the gym to watch Lucione again at 5:45. Immediately following her game, was James' 2nd game at 7:00. Then the little "Wanna Be's" (4, 5, and 6 yr. olds) played. Then it was time for the awards ceremony. By the time it was all said and done, it was 9PM.

Twelve. Straight. Hours. Of. Basketball.

I tried to sit at my computer last night, but even in this soft chair, it hurt to sit! Seven games in one day after watching for 4 hours on Friday night was hard on my rear-end. hahaha

The kids did really well, though. I'm beat today because I got into a movie and didn't go to sleep until after 3AM.

Michael's busy baking bread so it will be a slow day at home, thank goodness. The weather is beautiful. We got a dusting of snow yesterday morning, and today the sky is bright blue. It's just cold enough to need a coat but not so cold that you don't want to be outside. Unless, of course, you're as worn out as I am.

Counting today, we have 5 blissful, basketball-free days before the high school girls have games on Friday and Saturday. Whew!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

You are entirely welcome, Tara! So gald you liked it.

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too. :o)