Friday, August 26, 2005

Getting Closer...

I had a short visit with my boss today. He introduced me to the new science teacher. It seems I’m going to be working with her for part of my day. That I kind of expected. What I didn’t expect, was to be pulled out of the Library. Last year, he had me doing the computer end of it. That included bar-coding books, maintaining the data base, and doing book check in/out. This year I’m supposed to be able to do all that without actually being a part of the Library program.

One good thing that came of this crazy new schedule is the time allotted to each class has been increased. Rather than a short half an hour, they get 40 minutes. It’s still a short period and it’s still just once a week, but I’ll take what I can get.

Next week, if we can get the testing software up and running will be crazy because I’ve got to enter all the new students and start getting everyone tested. (The tech guy admitted that he hasn’t even thought about it all week! GRrrrrrrrrr!)

I took a late lunch today and it’s just about over so I guess I better cut this short. This is my first attempt to blog from work…I’m crossing my fingers it works.

6 comments:

Fizzy said...

It all sounds very annoying for you. I like to know what I am doing and when. Good Luck with next week I hope it all turns out for the best

Sandy said...

Wow,y ou can blog from WORK! Which means you never have to work again...just BLOG. and well, be careful, don't get fired!

Kerri said...

Thanks, Fizzy...it's getting there.

Sandy, that's the thing...I blog from inside Microsoft Word...so they don't know I'm blogging! They won't fire me...I'm sure of that.

Aimee said...

YAY for Work Blogging! :)

Jenny said...

Way cool blogging from work. My only access to the internet at work is in the exact center of the Pharmacy, behind the counter where the techs work. So fat chance of me ever getting to blog at work. lol

You're always so flexible, no matter what weird schedule they give you. They should count themselves blessed to have you.

**hugs**

Tee/Tracy said...

You did it! :)

Hope your work frustrations work themselves out! {hug}