Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My Boss is Driving Me Crazy!

Yesterday, he told me to go around to each teacher and ask them when they wanted computer class. He said, "Don't lock them into the morning." I started on my way and he called me back. "Oh, by the way, you're doing Library every day from 1:30 to 2:30, and I'll also need you to do recess duty for both lunch periods. Upper elementary gets 40 minutes in the lab, and lower elementary will have 35. Go get your schedule made."

By giving me recess duty and Library class, HE locked the teachers into the morning. But I did what I was told. I spent all afternoon yesterday running in circles trying to track down teachers and get my computer classes scheduled. It looked kind of lopsided after they made their choices. I turned it in, anyway. I fully expected to have a discussion about it today.

Sure enough, I got to work and in my mailbox was a schedule that looked NOTHING like the one I spent all afternoon creating with a note on it that said, "Let's visit."

I tried all day to "visit" with him and every time I looked at him he'd say, "Not now, I'll get to you later."

Finally, at the end of the day, I passed him in the hall. He asked how I was doing. I said, "I'd be doing a lot better if I knew what my schedule was."

"Didn't you get it in your box?"

"Yes, I did. But what you gave me makes no sense to me." (I'm so thankful to have a boss I can speak freely with.)

"Oh, we'll talk tomorrow then."

To which I said, "Okay, then I guess computer class is cancelled until we have our visit. I'll start up on Monday."

He said, "Good idea. I think I'll cancel all the specials until Monday."

So, hopefully, tomorrow I'll know just how much time I get in the computer lab and how much time I have to spend in the Math/Science lab. I already know my Library schedule.

Today was a very long day but I did manage to get some things accomplished. I hope I can corner my boss first thing tomorrow so I don't have to chase him around all day.

5 comments:

Fizzy said...

Tie that Boss down first thing in the morning and tell him he is being held hostage until you get your schedule sorted lol
It may work
good luck

Jenny said...

Ohh that's completely annoying!

I hope today is much better for you!

Lois Lane said...

Good luck getting your schedule in order. I'm sorry you had to go through all of those annoying details only to start over. The beginning of the school year is just plain crazy. I hope you hang in there and tomorrow is a much better day. :)
Lois Lane

Sandy said...

Wow...is he ALWAYS like this? It can be pretty frustrating if so!! Get him in a headlock until you get your schedule worked out lol!

Kerri said...

Fizzy, I tried today, but was not successful. Hopefully tomorrow will be different. It has to be. Monday I'm supposed to start class.

Jayleigh, it is terribly annoying. I actually voiced my frustration for the first time today. Not to him, though.

Lois, I'll need the luck. Hopefully things will settle down and I'll be able to enjoy my job once again. :o)

Sandy, he's not "always" like this. Just at the beginning of the school year. This is his 4th year and I go through something similar every year. It's the only time of the year I wish I were back in the regular classroom again.