Monday, August 01, 2005

Our Weekend


Friday after breakfast, Michael cut the grass and then we went for a drive. It was a warm day and the truck's air conditioning was a huge relief. We had a long talk about how we are going to make this work for us. I'm still not confident, but am going to do my best. He'll be in Santa Maria until October and then go back to Fresno for a while. Sometime next year, all - or at least most - of his travel should be within Alaska.

After our talk, we cooked dinner and then we got a last minute invite to our brother-in-law's birthday party. We had strawberry shortcake and a nice visit.

Saturday was uneventful. It was our only day we had completely to ourselves. No family gatherings, no chores to do...we just hung out and enjoyed each other's company. We watched The Upside of Anger and had some popcorn.

Sunday we went to the hatchery. It was a nice long drive on a beautiful day. I'll post pictures tomorrow. After the hatchery, we had to go to another family birthday party. Alexys turned 14. We went for our final drive afterwards and then came home to pack.

Michael left this morning at 8:45. Right now he's sitting in LAX waiting for his flight to Santa Maria. The weekend flew by. It was nice to have him home but it was too short. I thought that since I surived the first trip saying goodbye would be easier but it wasn't. It was just as hard, if not harder. At least this time he has a cell phone. We'll be able to talk more often and without paying long distance. He'll be gone for 2 and a half weeks this time. He'll miss the 7th of August. Due to the timing of his next trip home, he'll also miss our anniversary and my birthday.

Now that I've bored you all to death with my rambling, I'm going to take a walk.

5 comments:

Fizzy said...

I am glad you had a great weekend together, but I am also sorry that he has gone off again. Look after youself.

Lois Lane said...

Bittersweet. I'm sorry he will miss your anniversary and birthday. I am glad you enjoyed your visit no matter how short. Here's to hoping the next couple of weeks zoom by!
Lois Lane

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had some time alone with your hubby. That picture of the berries looks so yummy..hehe!

Jenny said...

Kerri! ALWAYS the most awesome pics you take!

What is the 7th of August?

I bet it's tearing him up to miss your birthday and anniversary just as much as it does you. How on earth will he shower you to death with presents? Maybe he already bought them and is having a friend bring them over to you. :-)

Bless you both as you sacrifice so that your household will remain afloat.

**big hugs**

Kerri said...

Thanks, Fizzy...I will. :o)

Thanks, Lois...we'll just have to celebrate early while he's home. :o)

Did I make you drool again, Ahka? haha

Thanks, Jayleigh...glad you like the pictures. The 7th of August is the day we celebrate our Founder's Day. It's kind of like our July 4th celebration with a parade, food booths, races and contests, etc. I'll tell you all about it and hopefully have some pictures to share. *hugs* back at ya :o)