Monday, August 15, 2005

Monday Madness

I've decided to play Monday Madness again.

This week's questions are all about you! Nothing personal; just for fun...

1. On what day of the week were you born?

2. Do you look forward to birthdays?


3. How do you usually celebrate your birthday?


4. Do you like surprises?


5. Has anyone ever thrown you a surprise party?


6. How many family and friends' birthdays can you remember right off the top of your head?


7. Do you send cards to your family and friends on their birthday?


8. What kind of cake do you like?


9. What kind of ice cream goes best with it?


10. When is your birthday? (You don't have to share the year with us if you answer this question.)


1. I was born on a Sunday.

2. I don't really look forward to my own birthday. I don't mind getting older, I just don't like being the center of attention.


3. Usually, my husband will bake me a cake and as much as I try to keep things under wraps, his family always manages to show up and make a big deal of it and embarrass the heck outta me. hehe


4. It takes a lot to surprise me, but I love it when people try.


5. When I turned 15, my mom had been gone a couple years already. I hadn't had a birthday party since she left. My cousin invited me to "dinner" one day. I walked in and saw all my friends there. I went to ask my cousin what was going on and spotted a cake on the dining room table. It said, "Happy Birthday Kerri and Bub." My cousin's son has a birthday on the 2nd of August, but he was out fishing so my cousin surprised me and combined our birthdays. It was the only surprise party I've ever had.


6. I have the annoying ability to remember numbers. Be it a phone number or a date. If you tell me your birthday, chances are, I'll remember. So the number of birthdays I actually have filed away in my brain is quite high. It drives me nuts sometimes.


7. I send cards when I have cards available. I always call my family on their birthdays.


8. I love pineapple upside-down cake, which is what I've requested for this year. Spice cake with cream cheese frosting is a close 2nd.


9. Cherry Jubilee goes great with pineapple upside-down cake. I'd choose plain ol' vanilla to go with spice cake.


10. My birthday is on August 29th.

7 comments:

Kim said...

1. It was either a Thurs or a Fri
2. YES - Very much!!!
3. Going out to dinner, cake
4. Love them!
5. Nope
6. Lots of them, most are around holidays
7. Not really
8. German chocolate
9. Vanilla
10. June 20th!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Jenny said...

1. Monday
2. YES!!!!
3. With my twin sis. Usually with our parents and aunts and uncles and cousins and a huge party.
4. NO!
5. Unfortunately yes. My twin was in Oklahoma and came back here for our 28th birthday. I was LIVID that I didn't know ahead of time.
6. All my aunts, uncles, and cousins. ALL OF THEM! And all of my close friends.
7. Usually emails. I send paper cards to all children under the age of 19... and adults over the age of 65.
8. German chocolate. You know, the kind with caramel-coconut frosting.
9. Brownie-nut-fudge, or plain chocolate.
10. January 29, 1973

Fizzy said...

1. On what day of the week were you born? I don't know. WEdnesday rings a bell but I am not sure

2. Do you look forward to birthdays? OOOOO yes it is the same week as my wedding anniversary so I get two celebrations in one week

3. How do you usually celebrate your birthday? It all depends on finances. But we try to make a point of going out at least once that week. We don't go out a lot. Also my in-laws will come around and bring gifts.

4. Do you like surprises? OOOO yes

5. Has anyone ever thrown you a surprise party? No

6. How many family and friends' birthdays can you remember right off the top of your head? Umm about 12

7. Do you send cards to your family and friends on their birthday? I try

8. What kind of cake do you like? OOO a squidgey squashy one. Chocolate? or lemon? I also love cheesecake

9. What kind of ice cream goes best with it? I don't have ice cream with my cake.

10. When is your birthday? (You don't have to share the year with us if you answer this question.) 25th September

Tee/Tracy said...

Wow! Your Bday is coming up! I better say Happy Birthday now because I'm awful at remembering dates.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! LOL.

I had pineapple upside down cake once and it was really yummy. Good pick!... I tend to like traditional birthday cake. YUM. :)

Sandy said...

I'm the opposite from you...I can't remember dates too much. Noa's bday is the 24th...just a blink away and you guys will be enjoying your bday!

Connie Marie said...

1. I don't know.
2. My birthday is in the spring, I look forward to that much more than another birthday.
3. Family usually comes over and we have dinner together.
4. I like surprises but not surprise birthday parties for me.
5. Yes, my kids did for my 50th. I was surprised because they didn't do it on the day! Stinkers.
6. Not enough.
7. I try, but most of the time I am thinking, oh shoot...
8. White cake with Butter cream frosting.
9. Would rather have a hot cup of fresh ground Hawaiian coffee instead of ice cream.
10. My birthday is in the spring.

Have a beautiful day, Kerri.

Lois Lane said...

Reading number 8 made me hungry! I love both! Now I want both. :)
Lois Lane