Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Thank You

About a year ago, I got a comment on my blog. Somebody found my blog by hitting the "Next Blog" button. That was a day I'll never forget. Partly because she was one of the first to comment, and partly because, almost instantly, I sort of felt connected.

Strange, I know...that I could feel a connection towards someone I didn't know...from so far away...so quickly. But I swear I did.

I clicked my "Next Blog" button and somehow ended up at her site. Coincidence? Fate? Whatever it was, I bookmarked her.

The more I read about her, the more I realized how much we really had in common. We're totally different, yet somehow similar.

She has a way of understanding what I'm saying. She "gets" me. Not a lot of people do. All those miles away, I know that if I need a friend, she'd be willing to listen...to offer encouragement...whatever it takes.

Yesterday, (Yes, yesterday...your mail person was right!) I got a package in the mail. She says it's not her best work, but I love it. It means a lot to me that she made it and whenever I use it, I'll think of her fondly. Thank you, Jayleigh, for being so thoughtful. Thank you for sending it. Thank you for being a friend.

I was trying it on when Lucione took this picture. (NO, Akeskileut, I did not cover my mouth on purpose!) I was actually trying to take it off. She snapped the picture without my knowing and there was no way I was going to pose to get a better one. hehe

8 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Nice to SEE you! I'm glad you have lots of friends to keep you happy. Nice scarf!

I hope the school year is a good one.

BTW, I tried to install the Blog for Word, it won't work for me and I just don't feel like figuring it out. I did an uninstall and reinstall and still gives me an error message!

Anonymous said...

Wow is that you..hehe! I like your scarf.
That thought never even crossed my mind..hehe!

Jenny said...

You're so welcome, my dear friend.

**hugs**

It was amazing, wasn't it? I hadn't bookmarked YOU, and it was about a week later than you "accidentally" came to my site and I was so happy to find your blog again!

I feel the same way, that you just "get" me when not many other people do. It's weird how we are totally different, have had completely different childhoods, and our cultures are different from each other as can be...

But we're also the "cool" aunt, we love kids, our hubbies spoil us to pieces and I've been married to my darling only 6 months less than you and your darling. Then there's the fact that we both have TONS of kids in our lives, and we love to sing, and we love Disney movies. etc etc etc.

You're the best. Perhaps if M is working in California in January while I'm visiting my sis, we could get together. Who knows?

**grin**

I'm glad you like it.

Lois Lane said...

Friends by fate! I love it! You know I "met" Aimee sorta the same way. :)
Lois Lane

Tee/Tracy said...

That is definitly meant to be! What a special story :) I hope you both continue your friendship and to grow closer over the years. That was so thoughtful of her and the scarf is beautiful! I'm sure you'll get good use out of it up there!

And SURPRISE! We get to see you! Why have you been hiding? You're so cute :) {HUGS}

Fizzy said...

What a lovely thought. What a brill friend.
AND...
Ican see you.. :)

Sandy said...

That is such a good story! I guess there's no such thing as coincidences, you guys are meant to be friends! Jayleigh did a good job!
I'm glad to finally put a face to the name. And I agree with Tee, you are so cute!!!

Kate said...

That's a story that would make anyone smile!! What a wonderful gift; friendship. :-)