Friday, September 16, 2005

Be Careful What You Wish For

I should have known. Just by saying that I would prefer my cold hit me hard over the weekend, I jinxed myself. I could barely talk this morning and even now, it’s not much better. I wanted so much to call in sick but I have one final test to administer today and it’s not till 2:00.

I’m afraid I’ve fallen behind on everyone’s blogs, including my own. I haven’t been on my computer much at all this week. I don’t plan on leaving the house all weekend because of this lovely cold of mine, so I’ll use that time to catch up.

The weather has been beautiful all week. We’re approaching the first day of autumn and still get 70 degree weather every day. I’m hoping this doesn’t mean an extra mild winter. I love the cold weather. The colder it is the better. Maybe I should move further north. I’ll do a backwards migration. I’ll go north for winter and south for the summer.

We’ve almost been in school a month already. I can’t believe how fast it has gone. It’s been so much fun, though. At least when I don’t think about all the technical problems we had. The kids have been a blast. They’re always saying things that crack me up. It’s hard to be in a bad mood at work.

Craig makes me smile every single day. I pass him in the hallway and he’s learned not to call out or wave while he’s in line. He has, however, found a way to say hello. He waits till we have eye contact and then he raises his eyebrows 2 or 3 times. He looks like a little Groucho without the cigar.

Duty calls…

6 comments:

Jenny said...

He is impossibly cute! You are blessed!

Sorry about the cold, here's some chicken soup for you.

Connie Marie said...

*Raising eyebrows at you two or three times* so I don't get too close to that cold front...

Aimee said...

Oh that's so cute! I can totally picture it.

I'm sorry you got the ugh. I hope you're feeling better soon--and I know what you mean about getting behind on blogs. No worries, Hon. Whenever you have time. :)

Sandy said...

Oh, Craig, whatta cute thing to do! Does he have those big eyebrows too?
Sorry you're under the weather!

Aimee said...

(Feeling any better yet?)

Kerri said...

Thanks for the soup, Jayleigh!

Hehe Alutiiq Chahuk...I won't cough on you, no worries!

Aimee, I am feeling a bit better, thanks. :o)

No, Sandy...no big eyebrows, but it's still cute!