Monday, September 26, 2005

What Am I Doing Here?

I’m so sleepy today. My head was all stuffed up so I took medicine. Cold medicine puts me to sleep; even if it is a daytime medicine. Now I’m worse off than before because simple movements have become a chore. All I want to do is put my head down and sleep.

Add that to the fact that the kids are riled up today and I’m in big trouble. I can’t even believe I came in to work. I drug myself in despite my body and everyone I know telling me not to. Now I’m suffering because of it. Hehe

I had a really nice weekend, though. Michael and I took Lindsey for a short walk yesterday. We went to Sand Dollar Beach. It was overcast, but not raining and barely any wind to speak of. It was so nice to be out in the fresh air.

We really do live in a beautiful place and I consider myself very blessed to be here.

I can’t wait until the road to Town is complete so that we won’t be so isolated. We’ll still have to depend on the ferry to get us out of here, but at least the travel time will be greatly reduced and it will be able to make multiple runs daily.

I’m typing this mainly as an attempt to stay awake so please excuse my rambling.

The weather today is quite nice. It was partly cloudy when I came to work. It’s supposed to start raining and blowing by tomorrow afternoon, though. That means that even though Michael’s flight does not leave until 12:58 PM, he’ll have to leave on one of the first flights out of here in the morning. The ferry does not make a run on Tuesdays so he’s going to have to beat the weather.

It kinda worked out for the best, anyway, since we need to renew the registration on the truck. It’s actually been expired since July. OOPS

Before we walked to the beach yesterday, we let Lindsey drive the truck. She’s only allowed to drive 20 mph and only on the abandon air strip on the other end of the island.

I always tease her that someone will call the cops and tell them they saw a kid driving. When I say that, she sits up as straight as she can to try and look older.

Yesterday, she sat up straight and tall and then asked me if I could slide down in my chair and look like a kid. I humored her and once the other car had passed I asked, “Do you think it worked?”

She said no, but when the next car came, she asked me to do it again. Haha

This class is over in 5 minutes and then I have one more computer class. I think after that I’ll ask to go home. If I’m still awake by then.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Silly! You're at work because you told all of us to remind you that when you're not there, everything goes to heck in a handbasket! Remember?

Anyway, don't drug yourself anymore. You obviously cannot handle your cold medicine. Hehehe.

I hope you get feeling better.

Tee/Tracy said...

Cute that you let Lindsey drive again. She sounds like a sweetie... Glad you had a nice time with Michael... Hope you get a nap in this afternoon.

Fizzy said...

I hope you got to go home and that you are feeling better

Aimee said...

(Druggie!)

LOL