Friday, September 23, 2005

For Tee

Light green words are links.

In the comments of my last post, Tee made me giggle by saying "I'm trying to understand geography of your location. LOL. Is it kind of an island?"

To answer your question Tee, yes, I live on an island. I live at the bottom of what some know as the Alaskan Panhandle. It's a chain of islands in southeast Alaska. If you look at a map of Alaska, it's the chain of islands pointing down towards B.C. Canada, and Washington state.

I've talked about my home a few times in the past. I wrote an ABC poem, I elaborated a bit more later on by listing some facts about my home, and even posted a picture.

These links were mainly to benefit Tee (or anyone else who is a fairly new reader of my blog) but also a cop-out because I've been (needlessly) stressing all day about getting Michael home and don't have the energy to write a proper post.

BTW, it's around 8PM...he'll be home in less than an hour!

5 comments:

Aisha said...

It must be so beautiful to live there. You're lucky.

Aimee said...

YAYAYAYAYA!

I'm so glad he was able to come home last night. :)

Thinking happy thoughts for you this weekend, but not expecting a post.

Sandy said...

So, I guess he found a way home then??? Happy Homecoming with hubby!

Jenny said...

So glad he's home and treating you like a princess!

Tee/Tracy said...

LOL, Kerri :) Thanks for the post and the links. I visited and read all of them. The poem is so good! Really great job! The picture is beautiful.

I just got something in the mail the other day from a Red Cloud school on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. The reservation is for the Oglala Sioux and is in the poorest county in the country. The literature said 80% are unemployed. It's very sad... I visisted a reservation in California and was really struck by the poverty. I believe the goverment is obligated to do more. It isn't right.

I am part (very small part) Native American. Family history is so hidden for this one relative that we no longer know which tribe she was from... Anyway, this is probably one reason I like reading your blog. I'm very envious of the firm roots and community you have. I know that you know you're blessed.

PS - So happy Michael made his way home! :)