Sunday, September 18, 2005

Stormy Weather

The wind and rain were really pounding my house last night. The computer said it was gusting 35mph but my house was shaking. It had to be harder than that. The rain was falling so hard it sounded like a fire hose was spraying my window. The crazy wind kept changing direction so I was imagining a fireman running back and forth between my two bedroom windows with his hose! I had taken a dose of Nyquil before going to bed. Nyquil makes me loopy.

This morning I tried my best to sleep in but couldn’t lie there past 7:00. Around 8AM I had to go out and gather all the things that had been relocated by the wind. My trash can, an ice chest, other odds and ends…they all at least stayed close to home. I didn’t have to go too far to find them.

I’m feeling a little better today but you can’t tell by hearing me talk. If I can breathe in the morning I’m going to go to work but Michael made me promise to call in if I didn’t feel up to it.

That’s one good thing (or maybe not so good) about him working away from home. He used to call in sick for me before I even woke up. At least now it’s up to me.

Because of the nasty weather and this nasty cold of mine, I haven’t been able to do a whole lot this weekend. I watched a couple movies. Crash is a pretty good movie. Makes you think. King’s Ransom was kinda funny.

I’ve got pork chops baking in the oven because I was too lazy to stand at the stove and fry them up. Better go finish preparing the rest of my meal before the pork chops are done!

6 comments:

Fizzy said...

I am sorry you are full of cold. My daughter is just getting over one. I think she got new schol year, new big syndromes. Now she has been really generous as I feel a bit sniffy this morning.
Look after yourself and if you do not feel well enough call in

Jenny said...

*hugs*

I so hate being sick. At least when the weather gets bitter cold you won't have all that rain!

How long with M be home this time?

We watched Stepmom this weekend and it was so good. I cried and cried at the end. So Awesome!

Feel better, dear friend!

David Edward said...

Bless you, get well soon.

Jenny said...

This post's title so reminds me of an old Ethel Waters song of the same name.

Can't go on
all I have in life is gone
Stormy Weather
since my man and I
ain't together
it's raining all the time...
the time.

Aimee said...

(Thanks for your comment--it seems like you're the only one who got it. I really appreciate it.)

Kerri said...

Fizzy, I did call in...2 days in a row. I'm working tomorrow even if I don't feel well. I've got a bad case of cabin fever now!

Jayleigh, I cannot wait for cold weather. If for no other reason than to use my new scarf. ;o) Michael comes home on Friday and leaves on Tuesday.

Thank you, David.

That's the song I was thinking of when I chose the title, Jayleigh.

Stationery Queen, they were very yummy...but I'll bet not as yummy as the ice cream you had at the beach!

*hugs* Aimee