Monday, September 05, 2005

Too Fast!

This visit went by way too fast. He was supposed to come home on Thursday night but his friend backed out at the last minute forcing him to overnight in Town. He came home on the first flight on Friday morning.

We had barbecued chicken and potato salad. Michael prepared it all while I was taking a nap. My headache was gone after the nap, but I keep sneezing. I think I’m in for a nasty head cold.

We had my nieces overnight because their dad was supposed to go hunting. Turned out he didn’t, but didn’t tell us until about 6PM the next day. We sent them home once we knew their dad was there.

Saturday we drove around and enjoyed the sunshine while the girls went for a bike ride. Driving is not as much fun when I’m alone so I tend to keep the truck parked when I’m home alone. Anything I need is within walking distance, anyway. Late that night, we were able to see some Northern Lights. They were bright green and took up the whole horizon. Every time they got dim and we thought they were over, they’d get brighter and spread out. I never get tired of seeing them.

Sunday was more of the same…just out enjoying the sunshine. We watched Monster-in-Law while eating barbecued hamburgers and more potato salad.

Michael leaves today at 5PM. His flight out of Town tomorrow is too early in the morning for him to stay home another night. This was supposed to be his longest visit so far, but ended up being the shortest because of his two nights in Town. His boss wasn’t very happy about that and has relieved the travel desk of their ticketing duties. Hehe He’s going to try and fix it so that they leave California early in the day and leave Alaska at mid-day. That way, hopefully, he wouldn’t have to overnight in Town any more.

I’m off to enjoy the last few hours with him. I hope all of you had a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I had a perfect weekend. I am glad you two were able to spend some time together, even if the visit was all too short.

**hugs**

Take care and have a good week!

Tee/Tracy said...

Sorry your weekend with Michael went too fast - but it sounds mostly positive. (Except for the head cold :p)

That was nice of him to cook while you took a nap. Hard to find a man like that! ;)

You are so lucky to get to see the northen lights. Are they hard to photograph?... I want to see them so badly for myself one day.